Archive through November 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, is that a new find or just a couple older photos? I don't see any snow so I'm guessing it's older photos.
dunno.gif

Here's Dan and his FWD 100 plowing at PD1.

232738.jpg

A shot of his FWD 100

232739.jpg

Here's one of his Crawler 100. As far as I know he's never towed anything with it, including a pulling sled.

232740.jpg

All 3 photos were taken by Chris Bennett at Plow Day 1.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Now that is sweet looking !
yikes.gif
,I like the looks of both .I bet the 4x4 would pull the plow nice. Shop clean up and a new fuel line on the 62 Original today. well that is the plan .

Brian,

Part number 2 below is a "Lift Bracket".

The arm that sticks up is bent slightly outward, and it leans backward a few degrees.

On my snowthrower it is about 4-1/2" from the top of the lift bracket frame to the center of the slot, measured along the centerline of the arm. The arm is 3/8" x 1-1/2".

I hope this helps.

232742.jpg

Kraig M.
Just another old find about 4 weeks ago, garage sale special ya know. Kinda hard not to load it up for $35.00.
biggrin.gif

Speaking of QA36A Snowthrowers,

Can someone tell me what part 23 in my post below is?
1a_scratchhead.gif
It is called a "Clip".

Does it go on the end of the rear pivot shaft?
Is it supposed to lock the belt tensioner? Or, what?

I can't find it on my snowthrower.

Charlie, would you like to make a quick profit? I'll give you $50 for it.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ken, I believe that clip is to lock the belt tension screw.

Anybody else notice that picture Ken posted is backwards?

Help!!!

I am up at my parent's home visiting for the holidays, and am working on my dad's 100. The tractor has a voltage regulator which has only three terminals. "BAT" "GEN" & "F". According to the factory wiring diagrams on this site, there should be another terminal on the regulator with an "L". Is this correct?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig,

That's what I figured, but I can't find a picture or description in the operator's manuals.

picked up a QA-42 snow thrower in good condition this weekend. Nice thing was I only had a 20 min drive to get itand it came with a set of weights. Got it mounted on the 1650 and the blade on my new 782. Took off the ags and put in the turfs with chains and weights. I need to get some new front tires for the 1650 so I can turn, but bring on the snow!
232755.jpg

232756.jpg

232757.jpg

232758.jpg

Marty, here's some info that might be helpful:

232760.jpg

Regulator info.

232761.jpg

70/100 wiring diagram.

232762.jpg

I believe this would be the change to make the 3 terminal regulator work on the 70/100 4 terminal regulator wiring harness. Connect the green wire that would normally go to the "L" (Load) terminal to the "B" (Battery) terminal.

Mike, nice find! That is actually a QA42B. Note the curved upper links. The curved upper links are to clear the 82 series grill casting. However with the curve "up" as in your photo they will hit the grill on an 82 series Cub, but work fine on a Wide Frame Cub. If you ever use it on your 782 just flip the upper links so that the curve is down.

Mike Essary

Those chains will do a job on that paved drive .
BTDT and have the marks to prove it .So I`am looking at more weight a rib tires this winter. today the weather guy says rain or snow this week. I would put a bet on rain.

DON T. - Yep, your correct. Dan's FWA 100 did a real nice job plowing. No added weight either as you probably noticed. At PD #1 where that pic was taken I had either 65# or 70# per rear wheel plus about 80# up front which I didn't need. And I was still spinning my brand new 23-8.50 Firestones in some places. Plus my frt weights were about as low as Dan's frt diff case and I'd push up piles of bean straw sometimes and have problems. I leave the frt weights at home now. Only time you really need them plowing with a CC is when you lift the plow out of the ground while moving. I had the frt end of the 982 about 1-1/2 ft in the air once doing that.

Denny, here's some photos of you and your 72 at PD1.

First up is a shot of you and Chris Bennett with your 72.

232764.jpg

Next we have a shot of you and Chris heading out to plow.

232765.jpg

Last we have a shot of you and your 72. Looks like you had weights inboard in addition to the outboard weights.

232766.jpg

I would like to see what all the IH carts look like so could someone please help me out

Latest posts

Back