• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Ray, I believe that Don used to work with fiberglass for a living. If your road Sue is 100% fiberglass, Don might be itching to play with it, perhaps even get some yellow and white paint on it.
bottom.gif
Though that would be way better than green paint...
eww.gif

Here's the bolt & lever assy from this crazy 129. The bolt is about 1/4" off of the 90* it should be to the plate. It was easy to see something was bad wrong when it was still in the tractor. POs have tried some of the darndest(sp) things.

216597.jpg

216598.jpg

216599.jpg

The last pic is of the backside showing some wonderful welding/grinding.

Wayne Shytle

WOW thats just a mess. You will have to have another part .I don`t think you can get that to fit again and be correct.

Kraig
Did You get Ray`s post yesterday ?

(Donald,
As much as I like yellar and white paint, DON'T get any on my dinosaur.)

Wife thought he added my handle as a funny lol.
Off to town to get some more washers for the snow blower.I found it had a few parts missing that the PO did not bother to put back on when he had it apart.

Another note, cable guy just left after installing a new 30 meg motiom, I now can surf faster lol.
coffee.gif

Kraig! hahahah
beerchug.gif
i honestly thought about calling it stretched no.1 in my post but i didnt think anyone would get it haha, anyways it was very simple to make i just started out with a regular mortar box and welded some stuff to it to get what you see!

216606.jpg

Art,
Re Charlie the dinosaur. Naw, I've always associated him more with sea critters, like a tuna, or maybe a red herring,

Hey Art, did ya see that agrifab cultivator in the previous picks?

RAY - Glad to see you posting again. Don't be a stranger for so long again! You add a lot of CLASS to this group!

MATT S. - Guys over on the green/yellow site posted pic's of their carts a couple months ago. One cart was made of parts of THREE other carts plus some stray sheet metal, box was twice as high and twice as tall as normal. Turns out it was something a JD plant modified for their own internal use, hauling UPS pkg's around! I think DON T needs something like that for all his deliveries from CHARLIE!

WAYNE S. - THAT right there is a perfect example of what Dad meant yrs ago when he said, "A welding stinger is a Dangerous weapon in some people's hands!".

I have a 1450 that is giving me fits, it won't rev up or gain RPM it idles ok but you go to rev it up and it just wants to die. If you play with it just right and do get it to gain RPM it misses and shudders, and runs terrible. I have done fuel filter, air filter, carb kit, different gas, changed oil, 2 sets of points, new coil, new condensor, new spark plug and wire. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Welcome Mike
wave.gif

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem... Will it run better if you pull the choke out to say, 1/2? If so, your carb needs cleaning..

Do a compression test, too... If it can't generate enough vacuum, then it will have issues pulling fuel in...

Mike, to go with Scotts theory of poor fuel delivery why not spray some carb cleaner into it while running and see if it picks up RPMs. If RPMs go up its some sort of fuel issue like Scott sez. If not the guys can give you ideas on different problem resolutions. JMHO <font size="-2">Its a quick and easy thing to do.</font>

Dennis,
thanks for the kind thought. I wish I knew more about mechanics so that I would REALLY be of some use around here. . .

All,
My Original is grinding gears. I made sure the clutch release collar and the clutch operating yoke had the specified .020-.030 gap but it didn't help. What other issues should I look for? The foot petal seems to be adjusted correctly.

Why do some cubs have black engines?

Went to go visite some family in southern ill last weekend and stumbeled upon a cub dealership, and around back they had the ih honeyhole there where several n/f a 86 and this nice ih built dual hydro 782 with 3 point, family was in a huray so didn't get pics of the rest
bash.gif
I am definitly going back this summer
bouncy.gif

216611.jpg

216612.jpg

216613.jpg

Ray –

IMHO, I would just turn the clutch fork turnbuckle another half turn/full turn until you are getting the driveshaft to stop when clutching. You can look through the creeper hole to see if its stopping when you push the pedal, or get a friend to help if you’ve got an oldie ’61 model with no creeper hole. Then, look and see where the brake adjustment is at, assuming the brake rod turnbuckle is still turnable.

It’s a fine line adjustment between the clutch yoke rubbing with the pedal all the way up, and full-driveshaft-stopping and optimal brake band actuation on the Originals.

Great stuff on the 82 series Charlie. Keep it coming if you have more. What i would give to find a buckle and the Ertl 682 toy set.

Lucas-

Earlier cubs came with the yellow engines. When one required a replacement it came black which I think is Kohlers color scheme. It was a cost thing with IH and easier to just sell the engine black. I believe the QLs all came with black engines. Maybe some of the others will chime in if I'm not completely right.

Latest posts

Back