• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, for the Craig the guys are thanking, look 5 posts below your 5:04 PM post. It's our good friend Craig Carney.
happy.gif

The ACR spring on my 125 was broke and it made it hard to start,but when you got it started it ran fine. Now that its fixed fires right up.

On engine color,

As a "rule of thumb" I believe, if the tractor had side panels, the engine was black. If you could see the engine, it was yellow. On the tractors we have/had. We had a 105, 124, and 2 149's. These had yellow engines in them from the factory. We also have 2 782's and a 1450 and they have black engines in them. As a side note, the #1 149 we have, that was purchased used in 1978 has a black engine it it. When it was purchased, it had a yellow engine, we ran that one for several years ~10 and it had the infamous problem of loosing a piston skirt below the oil ring, and between the wrist pins. This happened in the winter, and had been using it to remove snow, and by the time we figured out what was happening, we had "overbored" the cylinder. We picked up a "crate" replacement engine, which is black. This engine has ~1500 hours on it and is ready for its second rebuild, about 15 years ago the replacement lost a piston skirt also, but I heard it happen and shut down immedatly, it was not run again until repaired. It is to the point that you check the gas and fill the oil, it is not a mosquito fogger...... yet......

Lucas,
Nice find on the cub haven. That looks to be a decent 782. Looks to have been sittin' for a while. Is that moss growing by the serial number tag in that third pic???? Better take the trailer next time
bubbly.gif

I was just trying to help Mike with his 1450 problem. Still think its a carb problem.

Mike, You can check the ACR easy enough. Just take cam cover off and look in up in there. may have to roll engine over to see it.

animatedihbear.gif

What a busy place here. dang , nothing to read and No pictures
bash.gif
worthless.gif

Some how I need to find room in here to fit another tractor to work on .And the wife wants a warm car in the am. She has heated seats and auto start , but needs MY shop!I built this way to small. Frank C you have a snow cab headed your way that I will need soon,temps will go to 0 Saturday,first time so far this winter.If My truck was not in the shop I would go south and Visit some. Someday lol.
old.gif

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back