• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry B.
Uh-huhhhhh!
You really don't want me to go there do ya!
deadat30.gif

Well fellas, my 149 is about tired. I started her up this morning to pull my chipper to clean up the yard trash up from the tree I cut down. and oil puked outta the crankcase vent... time to rebuild it huh...

So you've been away Digger. I'd hoped you would enjoy the Oz pics, & the 'powerful' little Honda.

Graeme,
Those spring like pictures from Ulladulla NSW were a good offset from the coming winter weather in the US.
do you plan on driving your Cub Cadet on the Beach, any precautions about the sand getting into things?
Dave

Charlie (and others with electric lifts),
How does the electric lift handle the snowthrower? I have a spring assist on my 147 that I use for tilling, and it works great for that. Is that enough to handle a thrower, or did you do anything else to soup it up? I've run a 42" snow blade on it the last few years and it works okay, but even with the assist it's slow. I've since come up with a soft-side cab project, and a buddy has a thrower on his 125 he wants me to take off his hands (and out of his garage). I won't know if it's a 36" or a 42" until I pick it up. I'm thinking about putting the cab and thrower on the 147. Most of what I clear is pretty smooth, but there are two buckled sections of the city sidewalk where I need to lift fairly quickly. Do you think the electric lift and assist will handle it?

RICHARD C. - Back when I rebuilt My steering gearboxes My old drill press was OLDER than the one in the Turn-of-the-Century Blacksmith's Shop at the HENRY FORD MUSEUM in Detroit....It was made to run off a flat leather belt from LINESHAFTING powered by a waterwheel which I didn't have....so a 1/6 HP motor with the smallest v-belt pulley ran it. Dad had the larger HD version. Mine weighed about 50# and Dad's weighed about 500#! I've got a 17-1/2" 16 speed 1 HP DELTA now.

Bruce M,
Throwers weigh less than tillers and the electric lift handles them just fine, even with no spring assist.
QA36A weighs about 170 pounds.
QA42A weighs about 180.
And your tiller comes rollin in at around 225 pounds.
45919.jpg

Dennis F.
Back in the early 60's when I first started off in the working world & I realized my father was not as dumb as I had thought he was a few years before I worked in a machine shop that had all the equipment runnning off overhead line shafts. They were however electric motor driven. Dangerous and h-- as there were no belt guards. Pre OSHA!!!!
Here are a few pics of my 14 HP Kohler I am building for my 128 Cub. I guess it will be a 148. I went to the electric start/15amp stator.18 HP cam, bigger intake , shaved head, 30MM carb. Juiced it up a tad.
G.L. from the mts of Va.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Back