Archive through November 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean, keep in the back of your mind where the pivot point of the box is going to be. If pivoted at the back end you will have to lift almost the entire weight with the lift assy. But if you pivot towards the center, now you have a counter weight at the back. P.S., from experence those trailers can get real heavy real fast, even a small one!

Dean the only thing I saw at Northern had only a 1ft throw. Your gonna need at least 2+ft to get any angle on a trailer. IMHO

It is a bit short, pivoiting in the middle, creates a bit of a lift problem. A scissors like a dump truck was my first thought and maybe a couple of springs mounted from the rear to the axle for lift assist but that also presents some type of clearance problems and if the piviot is in the middle it wont do anything. It was a crazy idea that will probably just go by the way side. A hydrolic cylinder and scissors will probably work the best and be more cost effective anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion, James. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Hi, I have a cub cadet snow plow model 3510-0 serial # ZJY-1362A I am trying to find out what models this will fit

Paul H.
Did ya by any chance check the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup Button above?
thumbsup_old.gif

CHARLIE DIGGER, THANKS BUT NO INFO THERE ON WHAT IT FITS ONLY A PARTS LIST DATED 1969 THE PICTURE OF THE TRACTOR IT'S MOUNTED ON LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A VERTICAL ENGINE

Paul H.
There's no need to yell man!
There's a reason that it was not in the parts lookup.
That's because it's NOT even closely related to a Cub Cadet.
70124.jpg

charlie digger, I think you mis took my responce to your suggestion, the first thing I said was thanks. as it not being a cub plow then maybe you may know what it is as it's listed in the cub parts lookup but with no application. again I am sorry if you mistook my responce to you r suggestion. Thanks again Paul

I hate to intrude on the snow removal discussions, but we are still mowing down here in eastern NC. I ruined the pto/deck belt today. Is there a chart somewhere with the lengths of the various belts as well as part number? I have a number of spares for something or other but I can't read the part numbers on them - only measure the lengths. Thanks. I am learning a lot from other folks questions.

Bill Pate.

Paul H.
I dint take it anyway. It was a little suggestion for you to do a little research on a NON Cub Cadet item, nothin more, nothin less.
Now since we've gone so far OFF TOPIC that there's no hope of return, I'll just post a link so it's easy for you to find.
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp?BrandCode=0

Or maybe a gentle nudge to post something in the MTD/CCC section?

Lordy mowing lawn the mowers have put away here for a month already. most of us northern and midwest boys have snow throwers and blades on already.
Why are so many guys yelling at us, we ain't deaf guys.... turn <u>off</u> the caps lock.

Thanks Charlie. I looked at the 29 FAQ questions, but I had never noticed the excellent mass of information that you had posted in addition. I do have an extra belt that fits the 126 and the 42" deck, and should be mowing again on Monday. I acquired a group of 6 Cubs and several loads of parts last summer, and I still don't know everything that is there. But that made me a collector, so I am trying.

Bill Pate.

I took my mower deck off of the #2 125 this morning hauled in two trailer loads of firewood and then put the snowthrower and windbreaker cab on it. I'll put the tire chains on it Monday evening. I was getting ready to repaint the Anti Glare Hood (AGH) with a fresh coat of flat black primer and it looks like I used up all the primer so the hood repaint will have to wait. I also got my #1 125 in the main part of the shed so I can work on it over the winter to prep it for the Killer Kohler. The #2 125 might get to break in the Killer Kohler doing snow removal and fire wood hauling duties, not sure that it's K301 will last the winter, it sure is breathing a lot of oil out.

While I was messing with the Cubs I took some photos for Rob.
proud.gif

70126.jpg

70127.jpg

70128.jpg

Anybody else have a Christmas list full of items from our sponsers at the top of the page? Or am I just cub crazy?... I have had buck fever before, but now I believe I have the cub fever

Latest posts

Back