Archive through November 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - That thing running stock spindles with that massive side saddle counterweight and dual skidsteer tires ?

Yep!
70134.jpg

As your setting there in your warm & safe house, take a minute to thank someone you know or even someone you don't!
70142.jpg

70143.jpg

Mike, that would be the Positive cable (It used to be red 6 or 7 years ago, see the first photo on this page) it's fine, no chafing where it is now setting up on top of the brace. If you look up a few photos you'll see it used to set down along side that brace, it did chafe a little bit when it was there, you can see where it chafed in this photo where I zoomed in on it. It's a very thick insulator. Having said all that, thanks for the heads up.
thumbsup.gif

70146.jpg

So now that I have updated my electrical system and have it working, a rather large problem has emerged.

My starter had apparently been loose for a long time. Thus, one of the mounting ears has broken off of the block. I can no longer mount the starter to the block so that it works. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes out there? I am guessing a new motor is in order, so off to the classifieds I go.......

Steve-
That happens to Ken all of the time, just do what he does and JB Weld the starter to the engine block....
happy.gif

Kraig-
You may want to get rid of the mobile compost pile you've got going on top of that tranny before you put the KILLER KOHLER in that tractor.
eek.gif

All kidding aside....Let me know if you need to borrow the pressure washer. I'll even drop it off at your house on my way home from work....

Charile-
First Terry's loader and then this?
OK, these one-armed loaders are starting to grow on me. Might have to fire up the welder and see what I can whip up one of these days!!!!
happy.gif

Steve T.-

You could just get a used crankcase half to replace the one with the broken mounting ear.

Charlie - thanks for posting that, I've already stolen it and sent it to everyone on my email list.

Thanks to Charlie & all those that have served or are serving now.

As someone told me, go visit a VA hospital, the guys love it!

I am going with my daughter's today.

Steve T.
I sure hope a lesson has been learned here. The time to fix something is when you first know that it's breakin.
hide.gif

Latest posts

Back