• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles-
The Deere model 15 plow is a good plow <font size="-2">hell must be freezing over, I'm saying something good about Deere equipment other than the stuff I worked on at PEC</font> It was designed not just as a garden plow, it uses one bottom from a standard 12" field plow. It doesn't have quite the trash clearance that a larger plow would but it's on the right track. One big thing I"ve noticed is that only tractors in the 20hp range have been pulling them, I don't know if they just pull harder or if they need IH power but I've plowed behind one a couple times and it doesn't work too bad.

CHARLES - What does the little lawn & garden tractor batteries in more often than not is the vibration. A full size car battery is built tougher inside to keep the plates from moving around & shorting out. But that even only helps so much. The 1-1/2 YO car battery in My 72 has a bad cell that drains the whole battery in about a week. Best thing IH ever did was move the battery & voltage reg. from under the hood to under the seat. I used to replace the V/R on My 72 about every 3-4 yrs, burned points from the heat & vibration. I moved it back under the frame over the rearend about 10 yrs ago and haven't had a second's problem with it since. Factory wire harness had plenty of wire to make the move too.

Kraig:
Good eye. When I bought the tractor, the deck only had the half round runner on the left side. The right runner was missing. I ordered the right runner from Cub Connection without specifying that it be half round. Rookie mistake. I'll take a look at the number tonight. Thanks for the information.

13711.jpg

Mike M.- Look for a axle off a late SN 1862. It raises the front end. Not sure if it will give you Supa-steer or not, shoot Pat I. an email, and he can give you some more details.

Travis -

Air horn?

I was looking for an excuse to buy a K5LA...

Wyatt -

Yeah, yeah... E-mail me 'bout the pulley...

SB -

Thanks for the lift!

Nice to meet up with all those that stuck it out in the toy show crowds.

Mike-
You do great work! They look really good.

Jonathan

Quoted from the famous Wyatt post of days gone by on the super steer thing!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Look for any of the following: 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862. Essentially the 782-type frame'd "cyclops" style Cub Cadets without power steering.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

And then there was an update,

I can’t be credited with this idea either, it’s the brainchild of Ken Updike given to me on one of my Saturday morning parts runs to Carter and Gruenwald Implement. He pointed out a newer Cub Cadet, something like a 1861 or 1541, and showed me how incredibly tight they steered.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Where would I find out what the best operating temp for the Hydro and Hy-tran?? Or did I miss that bit on the Suaurusuruejnsfisoi web site??

Tedd -

Ummmm, yeah, the website thingie
wink.gif

Don V. -

BTW, got the box before we left Friday night - thanks!!

Hi Everyone!
Hopin' someone can help me out! I have a Cub Cadet Hydrostatic 123 with a snow blade and I just can't seem to remember how the heck the blade gets attached to the tractor! I'm wondering now if I might have lost a part. Any help or suggestions would be great!
(It's HELL gettin' old!)
Thanks

I apologize in advance for the size of these images (225KB each), but they just HAD to be posted. Yes, I X'd out the guy's city and state, don't need anyone here buggin' the poor guy...

We received the following e-mail:

I along with Harold Schramm and Leonard Paulius designed the original Cub Cadet in 1960 at F.E.R.E.C. (Farm Equipment Research and Engineering Center) in Burr Ridge, IL. I have pictures of our first prototype which incorporated the front part of the Cub tractor hoodsheet/gastank and the next iteration with the gas tank top and cast grille. I was responsible for the styling of the 2nd generation Cadets. Some features never made it. I'm really not interested in paticipating in your forum.

Thank you

Keith Burnham
Xxxxxx, XX<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
13714.jpg

13715.jpg

Tedd -

Yeah, beats a slant nose anyday
lol.gif

Bryan, very cool!!!!!

Norman, I'll email you some info that should help get that blade attached to your 123. Watch for it in the next 1/2 hour or so.

Wow! Those are interesting Bryan. The bottom one looks like a narrow frame with a combination of a 1X9 and Quietline features/design. Surely some influence on later projects there.

Does anybody else think the top one resembles the front facia/hood/grill of the '69-70 Mustangs? I bet I know a guy who'd be interested in one of those!

Back