• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STEVE - I think there's be a REAL MARKET for a 1/4 scale cover board! Seems like I have a picture of one someplace on a Brinley. ;-)

Just thought I would drop in so that you know that I'm alive. Haven't had any cub time lately since I've been very busy. I am planning on taking a short 4 hr one way trip next weekend to bring home another cub so that should be fun. Sounds like Nick Q. might be able to go along so there will be plenty of BS for the trip. Looks like my winter projects may not get off the ground like I was planning but hey there's always another time.

So what exactly is a "Super 100"? Did you guys see that on eBay? Is that legit or a cobble job? Maybe a 100 with a propane head?...I saw a sawed up 128 with a Pinto motor in it go for 400.00 today,a 2082 for 2,000.00,149 for 260.00 and an 1811 for 800.00. Just couldn't buy anything and make money on it,sad to say. Looks like those days for me are about through.

Kevin i have a super100 but its not a tractor !!!!!!!!!
lol.gif

I posted this question on the other forum, but I'll post here also. I saw a one owner 149 the other day that had armstong lift and a ported hydro pump. I thought that hyd lift was standard eq on the 149s. The serial # was 452XXX. I know the lift was optional on the 169. Was this maybe a factory error?

Digger,
I closed up the other two strips, the "After 3:00 pm Gang" musta' missed them.

Hey Todd,
Just have to go to the right "Forum" I guess.

(Message edited by thoffman on November 09, 2003)

Hope this solves my plugging problem from bean trash.I cut down 2 sets of 7" wide rims and made them 10-3/4 insede the bead area
13697.jpg
13698.jpg
13699.jpg
image{1512mt2}
13700.jpg
13701.jpg

Steve "B",
Saw this item on ebay. It's got your name ALL over it!

Tom what do you think of the new meats for the Smoker?

Mike-
I don't know if the Super Steer axle will raise it up enough. I I think looking at Pat Irlbeck's tractors his power steering upgrade using parts from the same series of tractors would do it.

Mark B:
Sorry it took me so long to respond.
The deck on my 124 is 42". Here's a pic of it after restoration.

13708.jpg

13709.jpg

Mediocre plow day yesterday. Good because I got to, bad because I confirmed I needed a new battery for Iron Cub 106, and apparently need a new clutch.
I confirmed that the way my 12" Brinly is built, the guage wheel limits depth to about 5" max - can't raise the wheel anymore to get a reasonable depth. Are they all that way? Mine is a sleeve hitch model. Also, it is (the gauge wheel) one more catching point for trash. So I put on the 10" plow (coulters off both plows). All of a sudden I'm having way more trouble with clutch slippage ( even to the point of stopping the forward motion) and have a furrow 8-9" deep!! But no serious trash balls on the plow. Second round with that plow and the "fluffed" bean trash starts hanging on the hitch pin etc and dragging a huge pile under the tractor - to the point of clutch slipping!!!
I now own a new battery - the test equipment at Rural King showed a bad cell -- the old one was 2.5 years old - Is that normal life? Should I pull the new one and store it in my cool garage as opposed to leaving it in my frozen barn?
As always, your advice is welcome and appreciated.

(Message edited by cmccarty on November 10, 2003)

I forgot! Did anybody see the JD #15 plow that just sold on Ebay? $230 +/-. It looked like is has a bigger coulter, and the ability to offset it due to a "bent" shaft. Looks like a good idea.

Have you seen one of these plow?

Ray, nice job on the deck! Question for you, was one of those runners replaced at some point? I've never seen a 42" deck with one round and one half round runner. The round style, as on the right side was the older style. AFAIK, the decks with this style runner came standard with gauge wheels. The half round style as on the left side of your deck was the newer style that had the gauge wheels as optional. What is the number on that deck?

Latest posts

Back