• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Thanks for the auger removal advice and the welcome. I'll try the big hammer tonight...

Paul,
Yup, the turns have to be looooong turns for it to work. That's why I wanted to be able to raise it up at the end of the lawn to turn. Also so I could get into tighter spots easier than with a pull type. Maybe I'll just leave it setup for the cat 0, add more weight and set up a hydraulic lift to lower a transport wheel to raise it for turning and crossing hard surfaces.

Don,
It's a 10 foot paint job, that's for sure, and the home made decals from the previous owner are sort of growing on me. Your restoration projects are good encouragement for those of us who take a long time to finish them. I have a 1650 I've been working on for two years now and it's finally ready for the wire harness and then the engine. Not as nice as your work, but it will be a whole lot better than it was when I got it.

I'll have to post a few pics one of these days. Here's what it looked like when it came home:

180698.jpg

180699.jpg

I don't think there was a single bolt on the whole tractor that wasn't loose. That's what happens when the rubber mounts are worn completely away and the engine is just riding on the metal rails.

i cleaned the carb on my 128, now i am trying to put it back together and would like to check an exploded drawing to make sure i got it right, but can not find one.

it is the walbro WHG series. factory replacement for the K301.

anyone know where i can find an exploded parts pic?

I got a spring assist for the 129. NO effort lifting the blade now. Compared to a narrow frame putting it on was a pain. But compared to a 104, a wide frame's hood latches suck.
180701.jpg

180702.jpg

180703.jpg

Point taken about the electric blanket, the insulation can get brittle over time. I guess there is no inexpensive and completely safe portable heat source, even the furnace in the basement of most houses can fail catastrophically due to wiring shorts, gas leaks, or burner or boiler failure.

I can think of a few other ways to provide some spot heat. Topping off the charge on the battery is what I often do when snow is expected. The process of charging the battery will also generate a little heat, and give it a little boost too. A trouble light with an incandescent bulb shining up on the oil pan can provide a little bit of warmth, but make sure there are no oil leaks.

I did this one cold winter at my old house to keep the oil furnace going. I had an outdoor oil tank for my furnace, and the line running from the tank to the house had a slight kink in it. The kink wasn't really a problem until the temperature dropped below 20 degrees F, then the oil would congeal at the kink. I ended up taking a trouble light and with some aluminum foil to direct the heat I positioned it over the kink to keep things warmed up. Admittedly, this was a temporary solution, but I was only a couple of months short of moving into my new house, and I was renting the old place.

Ge guys I raed where you guys give up cub time to keep heat on in the house, finurse fuel is the same as diesel so the conditioner I bought for my D (Cummins) will do the same for you. No light buld neded. More Cub time for all ,lol . Frank C in Portage Lake Maine is sending me some side(under battery) panels for the 149 he sold me 3 yrs ago. thanks Frank C Just another Cub better than it is now. later Don T

my 128 with the stalling, then not starting problem.

cleaned carb, it started. i guess it was gummy gas from sitting. not trying to restart the " if i do not run it dry every time the gas gets gummy " debate, just saying this has happened to me before and i believe it just happened again.

for the rest of this week i will keep running it and see if it still stalls.

hopefully, the new wiring harness fixed the stalling problem.

will post back, probably next Friday on what happens.

You guys were right about cubs being addictive. Only two weeks after restoring my first cub-128 (took 5 months), I found another one on C.L. and had to have it. Is $250 too much for a mod. 70 in good condition? Also, are there any remedies for age cracks in the tires other than replacement? The rear tires on the 70 have a lot of tread and are the original tires(6/12 made by Goodyear). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marty

Marty
worthless.gif
and no the price sounds good and the tires are most likely junk, but my moto is if it holds air it will hold the cub!

Back