• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
Nick H.,
I was looking at those as well and I asked a friend of mine about them. He told me he was one and that they are pretty accurate and simple.

In fact, he told me that you don't HAVE to use the reflective tape, rather just a white dab of paint or small piece of silver duct tape will usually work instead of their expensive reflective tape.

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Josh Ott

Richard P, what the h*ll is that sorry charlie thing about anyway? also, what is Lunix? is it a type of computer software protection?

Linux is a computer program (code style) different ways to wright code to rum a computer.
Macs use another style of code of program code.
and windows well they still don`t have it right yet lol.
and the sorry Charlie is well were not on topic with this.
sorry.gif

We've got the laptop back up and running and since we're on the road again, I can and will start to use the
poof.gif
function at will, unless you guys decide to move your OFF TOPIC stuff where it belongs.

2 more trips to Missouri and EVERYTHING will be in one spot again!
clappy.gif

The ole Semi just keeps on going.
The last loads from Spring Valley hit the north woods last week.
180640.jpg

180641.jpg

Thanks for the input on the tachs guys. I want to make sure the revs on the 149 are correct before any type of break-in.

Don T., I changed the driveshaft setup on my 149 to that of a 1450. Ragjoint on each end. Haven't had a bit of vibration since. I even had a new driveshaft made for the old setup and still had vibration. I couldn't be happier with the new setup. No vibration at all. Just my 2 cents. Nick

Sorry Charlie..
Josh: You just got that warning - on the news today???? That's at least two years old and while it's somewhat "real", it's one of thousands of these that have been going around in the last 10 years..I get about three warnings a week about this stuff, 99% of it either half truths or meaningless stories made up by someone who "heard it from their best friend" - basic rules is if you don't know why you got it, don't know who it;s from or just have a suspicion about it, delete it - don't open any attachments..

BTW guys, Linux, Unix, Snow Leopard, and all of the variants of Windows , etc. are <u> operating systems</u>. They are the interface between you and the machine and control what the computer is going and what the programs you load on the computer are doing....

Don - is that last picture what you took off or what you're putting on? Looks like that requires a support bearing in front of the pump?? Are you using one CV joint or two?

Dennis: Peter Egan lives there...Charlie - we'll take the cycle stuff off to the sandbox - it started innocently enough
dunno.gif

Kendell
Can't stand it any longer. "Hydroscopic" Did you mean hygroscopic? Anyway thanks for the lesson. Not much else to do today anyway.

I need some ideas on the current complication on my 127 refirb. I need to split the tractor to work on hydro linkage, etc. I canNOT get the pin out of the N control rod clevis. I've sprayed it with PB Blaster and tried to drive it out with hammer and punch. A big problem is not having a long enough punch and/or room to swing a hammer. Any ideas?

Also, I had a real time getting the speed control handle off the rod and now I can't get it to go back on. any hints?

Charlie......love to have that loader set up sitting on the front of the trailer! That looks like only a single operation bucket, it tips when it's all the way up? Or is there other cylinders I can't see?

Been contemplating building one for a few months(myself or using online drawings). Don't have a lot of actual use, but would be cool to have.

Strait Hollis
(Also, I had a real time getting the speed control handle off the rod and now I can't get it to go back on. any hints?)
If your handle is the same as a 129/149 then look for an allen screw .

Jerry:
Yes - amazing thing is there's no such word, but my spell checker passed it......
clappy.gif
. I still wonder - if it's supposed to be an exact replacement for Hytran, why don't they have one of the most important properties of Hytran?? (Would that be Hygroscopacity??)

Kendell
I've been known to buy Hytran (have a five gal bucket now) but have no proof it's any better than the universal that says "meets or exceeds all IH specs". I fill with universal after a refurb to be sure I got it right with the intention of then putting in the good stuff later. On 30 year old equipment the universal is probably fine. At $10 for two gallons we could change twice as often and be money ahead. Universal in the tranny = beer in the fridge. Hytran = no beer in the fridge. Universal in the tranny = money in my 401K Hytran in the tranny = money in their 401K.

Well guys, If i dont see you later tonight, have a great weekend. I am going to the National toy show in Dyersville, Iowa Friday and Saturday.

Am I the last guy to realize the chain tightener on a QA42 is alluminum? Were they all like that?

Went out to fire up the ole 127 that has been sitting out back since last spring, and the old girl refused to fire up.

Put in a fresh 1/2 gallon of gas in the tank, made sure gas was going to the carb.
Checked and had good spark at the plug.
Removed the drive pin from the driveshaft coupler so the motor would spin over faster.
Removed aircleaner assembly so to use my hand to block off air intake for full choke.

After spinning the motor over a few times I noticed there was no gas going through the carb.

Guess it was a bad idea to let this ole girl sit so long with out any attention.

Took off the carb bowl and found the needle valve stuck, freeded it up and the gas started flowing once again.
Put carb back together and fired up the motor only to have it run at full choke only.

Pulled the main needle jet out and it was full of junk, cleaned it up, reinstalled and try again.
The ole 127 fired right up and ran fine for a few minutes and only hickuped a couple of times.
Decided to take it for a short spin around the farm, by the time I git bak to the house all was good.
Than I decided to park it in the barn for winter storage, better than sitting outside in the weather all winter.

Winter plan for the 127 is to install a clutch in the driveline so it will start easyer in the cold months.

Heres a question on this plan,
Will a clutch and drive shaft from a 102 work in a 127?

lonny, wouldn't it just be easier to get a good ol gear drive, rather than mess around with those crappy hydros!
clappy.gif
also i was just looking through the archives and saw you have the same bolens wheel weights as i do on my 71... they really help!

also can anyone that has the ability to please post some pics of a rear weight box? im looking to fab one myself...
construction.gif

Lonny Buttke,
I don't think your drive shaft should be turning while starting your 127.

Made a little progress toward getting my Winter Wheels ready for the 129. Demounted both tires, and cleaned up the grease, rust and peeling paint, then hosed them off. Set them on top of the kerosene heater to dry them off, which got them nice and toasty. When they cooled off to the point I could handle them comfortably again, I gave them a shot of IH White from a rattle can. Hopefully, I can mount the new Tri-ribs tomorrow.

We're expecting a freeze tomorrow night, so I think one more quick mowing and I will be done with the mower for the season, and it will be time to mount the QA-42A. It doesn't happen every year, but I remember having over a foot of snow fall on Veterans day, so I might need it any time.

unless you are pushing in the clutch the drive shaft should always spin, in the case of a hydro, the ristance from the pump moving fluid around is enough to slow the rotation of the motor, so if your cub doesnt start qiuckly you could run your battery down tunring over too slow to start it!
old.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back