• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 04, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, I believe John U, got it!

43920.jpg

Stan W., we NEED more photos and details of that tracked Cub!!! Please!
happy.gif

Glen,

How do you describe how loud? My 1650 is not obnoxious, but I still wear ear protection - most of the time. It is loud enough that I refrain from post 9:00 pm pleasure rides. However, when it starts snowing, all limits are off. The tractor runs when the snow needs to be moved. It runs quieter than my chain saw, trimmer or blower. I wouldn't think of running any of those without ear protection.

TOM - I have to agree with You about duals & plowing with a CC. Because of the narrow width dropping the furrow wheel into the furrow pitches the tractor over WAY farther than a full sized tractor which obviously lifts the dual totally off the ground. Dad always plowed with duals, sometimes He even mounted the M&W direct axle mount dual on His M backwards since He didn't have it on His Super M-TA of 450 when plowing. He always ran the duals 4-5 psi lower than the main tire, and the 12-38 or 13.6X38 was normally matched up with a 15.5 X 38 and when the pulling got tough the dual was definitely helping some. To match the furrow depth of a CC plowing in a 5-6 inch deep furrow a full size tractor would have to plow in a two foot deep furrow....I don't think the dual would touch the ground in that situation either.
Duals look cool however.... and they definitely make the tractor ride much better, as did duals on a full size tractor.

Greetings,

The snow blower is up and running. Questions on the blower. First, when I raise the blower off the ground beyond about 75% full lift the drive linkage between the gear box and the chain drive on the blower rubs agains the left lift arm. I see from wear on the unit that the previous owner ran it as is. I'm not finding anything in the blowers operation manual to address this. Is something adjusted wrong, or is this a design flaw?. Second, while cc considered the snowblower to be an easy attachment to the tractor-attached bracket, I found it easier just to block the bracket and the blower and dismount the entire thing. This also lets me quickly switch to the blade. Is this how others do it?

And now the blower is off the tractor again. I found an off brand wagon while in SW Wisconsin this weekend. If you have never been to Delaneys between Sauk City and Baraboo, you gotta go. Imagine about 2 acreas of new and used stuff collected from demolition, foreclosure, estate sales and the like from around the midwest. Think Super Walmart with a real fun rough edge. Unfortunelty, other than a wide assortment of tools for working on them, there was nothing CC specific. It's all sorted and loosely priced. Example, I bought a new grease cun with flixible hose for $15.00. Same item at a popular midwest farm supply store with two FF's in the title was shy of $30.00.

Anyone else notice that kids love moving stuff with the wagon and tractor. So, I (that is my kids)have more cord wood to move and stack, a outside firepit to relocate, a martin house mounted in concrete that is getting pulled and a bunch of pine, for the outside firepit, to relocate. Funny how my kids don't seem to have caught on that the tractor facilitates them doing more chores. I like that.

Eric N.
Pictures would be really nice. unless you have the wrong lift arms or have them installed wrong, there's no reason I can think of for them to hit.

Wild Bill, Roland & Bruce: Thanks for the help on the rectifier/starting issue. The fresh battery caused it to start right up but I'm going to change out the battery cables anyway - they do look kinda scrawny. Roland, my serial number is 205 059 4U 685 052 and I'd love to have that wiring diagram. Email is perfect. I think I still have your email address from when you put me on to the starter guy down in Detroit - I'll post you a note.

Eric: For what it's worth, on my QA42, I put the lift bar on the outside with the washer and cotter key on the inside (nearest the frame) and it lifts perfectly without rub.

Tom: Seems to me the scrapers are still available but very pricey. I use that little doodad on the passenger side of the frame to set the height to just barely off the cement (less than 1/16"). I love a squeaky clean driveway but the wear & tear on the blower is considerable - especially when I hit an explansion strip line or something.

Eric, all that I can think of is that you might have the wrong or a stretched belt which would move the gear box too low when the belt is fully tightened. Check that you have the correct belt. The part number for a belt for a QA42A on a 1650 is:55-053-C1.

Latest posts

Back