• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 04, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ART - Wyatt's tractor has the remote hyd. unit using that pulley. But The idea is good. Could add a small internally regulated alternator several places and really be able to run some lights! Then Wyatt would need more HP.....;-)

I like when the man in the brown truck comes to my house!

1872 now has 23° Firestones to go with the new 54" Haban blade.

Travis- How much fluid did you put in your 26x12-12 tires?

13593.jpg

Kraig, Bryan and Don:

Thanks for the info.

Kraig. I was looking for a pic or parts blow-up of the pieces that connect the hydro shaft to the engine.

Bryan and Don both said there is a flange only, no bushing like I have and cannot determine the source.

Frustrating to have something that works and not know where it came from. Found a second in my parts minus the bronze bushing. No numbers on it anywhere.

A real mystery.

I want to put one in my second 1200 when I am done overhauling the K301. Also want to have a third for my last 1200 fix. THen I want a spare or two.

Thanks for the responses

11 gallons in each of the four rear tires of my 1872's. Not including the 75 pound wheel weights on each side. Just my .02.
13595.jpg

Shirtman!
I gotta ask, Why did ya make that trailer so dang tall? So if it sinks in the swamp you can still find the Cub attached to it!

Kraig -

The 102's is the bent style, as is my 123. My 125 and (former) 124 were straight though. All original engines.

Paul B. is that spec really 28543e? Or the normal 28542e?

LOL...Charlie, no sir, that's what cadplans called for. Holds four buckets of dirt from the kwik way loader on my other 1872. Boy when she dumps, she dumps!! That's the only reason I can see for being up so high. Its really a neat design. By that I mean its balanced so you don't need hydraulics to dump it. The 1872 does great towing a full load on flatland but going up a hill it strains a tad! Someday I'll be on topic....

Art,

My 682 will be on it's way to your place for the "special"
wink.gif

Kohler K301 Stator 30 amp P/N 277063. Per my K301 parts manual, 9/92 rev.

Steve

Thanks for the info. I've got a late 1800's--early 1900's doctor's buggy that is going to get the motorized treatment. I think the engine to the rear of the pump will work out just fine. I'll have one of the tool room guys make an adapter shaft for the hook up.
BTW were can I find info on posting pics at this site?

Thanks Bill Mc

Thanks Kenny and Ryan for the info. Just got back in town so my thanks is late.

(Message edited by dleis on November 05, 2003)

Well, first day of "forced retirement" I got my QA36A completely gone through and cleaned up. Not too bad. A little brush of Slip Plate between the chute and housing is pretty nice. I'd have to say that it is the nicest blower in original shape I've seen. Now it's on the 169 (169 and QA36A both purchased through CC Specialties) & ready to go <font size="-2">NOW IT'LL NEVER SNOW!!!</font>

Craig C.
The spec number is 28542E. If I typed 543E it was a typo. Yes, I believe the 5-20-F casting date code is the same as the one on 409. The date code on Jim C's 518 is a bit earlier in the month I believe.

If anybody is ever looking for the rubber boot for the clutch safety switch for a Quietline you can get them at McMaster-Carr for about $2.25

13606.jpg

Hi,
Does anybody know of a source for an aftermarket electric lift switch for a 147 Cub?

Thanks Paul. I've got 1801 here and it was assembled likely the first week of February, '61. It's casting code is 1-20-G, so the casting itself couldn't have been sitting more than 10 working days or so. The castings for yours must've been sitting around awhile, your 510 was prolly assembled in November?

My 1801 is missing the hole in the bottom of the pedestal facing the seat like yours, has spring pin spindle collars and has one drawbar hole too. The s/g bracket is the early welded type not cast , but the engine serial no. 487965 is riveted, though.

Latest posts

Back