• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 04, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just change a 1210 hydro to a ported pump used my pressure check vavles and tractor seems to go foward fine but reverse seems slow anybody know whats wrong.

I just change a 1210 hydro to a ported pump used my pressure check vavles and tractor seems to go foward fine but reverse seems slow anybody know whats wrong or could be wrong

Ted i did check the FAQ before on the trunion shaft before i change the pump just in case.when i change the pump i put in new trunion shaft springs and end caps.the trunion shaft look great so no repair was needed. I don't have erratic operation it just seems like i should have more reverse, it had a lot more before.

Here's a little irony to my little "Cub stealing" story. A lady called from the guy's hometown of about 300 people, and told me to come pick up a 1250 and 2 other mowers for free. Makes me want to parade around his town for a bit ;-)

Mike L.

Did you adjust/center the linkage again as detailed in the service manual?????

Actually, I will likely have a news story to link to on Fri. I HOPE anyway.

steve B i did adjust the linkage that goes from the shifter to hydro because it did start in reverse. I did have the rear wheels off the ground when started. the manual i have does not tell me how to adjust it.I will have to check the manual again to see if i miss the adjustment.

Mike,

Sorry, just a reflex. I will be going through all of the hydro ajustments on a narrow frame this winter. Not looking forward to it at all. But the boy needs full ramming speed.
proud.gif

<font size="+2">Good morning all!!!!</font>

Ted no problem i understand this thing is kicking my butt.maybe thats my problem just need to take a break and get away from it for a few days.this thing is my winter tractor just thought i try a hydro lift i hope its worth all this.I just bought a 45inch two stage and the ting is heavy so i thought it was time to get away from the strong arm lift.

Mike,

You adjusted it in the wrong spot, that's why you have a slower reverse. You need to loosen the bolts that hold the cam plate to the hydro (left side/front), lock the pedal down in "N", then tap the plate up/down in the slotted holes until the hydro gets quiet. The unlock the brake, move it to FWD, and hit the brake again...the wheels should stop and not slowly spin in either direction.

THEN, shut the tractor off, lock the brake down and adjust the control lever position so it is in "N". You should get your reverse speed back.

Re-check the manual for an adjustment procedure, I knowe the xx8/9&xx00/50 manual explains it (near the lever tensioning section).

Kraig may have a scan of it........

Steve, Mike, yes I have scans of the hydro adjustment procedure. Let me know if you need it. <font size="-2">I'm ready for a flood of requests so request away..... ;o)</font>

Art, where did that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> paint add come from?

Steve B thanks i will try that thats sounds like that would do it thanks again Mike

Latest posts

Back