• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curtis, when I first got my Cub I had almost 1/3 of a turn on the steering wheel in slop. 2 things helped immediately, as Kraig noted. Adjust the guide pin on the steering box, a quarter turn makes a big difference. Also new tierod ends(x4) help a lot and not too expensive. JMHO

Charlie, i could use a muffler like that for my 149 ,i already have the top and bottom pieces and can`t find a muffler like that. And i have looked for a year now. ssssooooooooo let me know ok. later Don T
coffee.gif

Kraig:
Add one other point for steering slop..
The 129 developed a "clunk" the other day when steering from hard left to right or vice-versa.. After a half hour of searching, I discovered that the clamp on the 20 year old TSC steering knob was loose (duck tape under it was worn out) and the knob was sliding back and forth about an inch.
<font size="-2">Memo to self - start trouble shooting from the top down next time</font>.....
bash.gif

Donald, the IH-1 muffler can be bought at Mills Fleet Farm (That is if your close to one)

thanks for the help jerry i can make me a couple of adjustment tools tonight
happy.gif

Ron Schmitt,

Yes, I will not worry about the 1/4". We are both looking at 1250's?

I will post my dimensions from the center of the pins on the lift arms to the ground and any intermediate dimensions I can see. Then maybe someone can tell me where I have unusual dimensions that are only allowing me to get the mower blades 2" off of the ground.

I did find out that I have a mower blade that is bent. One end is 1/4" higher than it should be.

I hope to spend some time this weekend, measuring and straightening anything and everything in the mower deck.

A wee bit more progress, now if the storms hold off this weekend so I can get the rear cylinder mount done...
87234.jpg

87235.jpg

Hi all, long time no post but I read the fourm every day. I received a package from C.C. Specialities that included a new seat,deck spindles,gator blades, speed up pully and other assorted items to get the 129 and deck up to snuff. Thanks Digger.

<font size="+2">Hello</font><font size="+1">Hello</font>Hello<font size="-1">Hello</font><font size="-2">Hello</font>
groupwave.gif

Anyone know if Farmall had a use for these threaded bosses, think I'm gonna open them up a bit and re-thread them for larger bolts. Seems to be a good place for the rear cylinder mount.
87239.jpg

Thanks for the information fellas. There is about a 1/3 slop before turn initiates and it has a lag affect. I will give a look-see!

Ken F,

I took the measurement on my 149 which is a wide frame with hydro lift. However, that distance should be pretty much the same between the 8/9 series and QL series as the lift arms are the same between the two and the basic frames are nearly identical with the exception of the engine mounting up front. I would focus next on your deck hanger assembly and links. Check your humpback deck hanger to make sure it isn't sprung or twisted by laying it on an flat surface. One of the hanger links should be threaded for adjustment so use it to level the deck from side- to-side.

Morning to all! Need a little help in identifying the clips and brackets used to hold and clamp the throttle and choke cable in place on a 149. I've used the parts look-up, but they are hard to pinpoint!Thanks in advance,Bob.
dunno.gif

Bobby B. I have a 147 which a narrow version of yours. Go into the parts section for a 147. Then look at 'fuel shutoff+choke controls". Shows a couple clips for your inquiry. They both are 14hp so I guess parts interchangable.

Hey everyone, new here and wanted to say hello and hopefully get an answer to a question. I have a 128 in very good condition and working on it as I use it too. Just finished ordering all new clutch parts for it and waiting on them to get here. But my question is about the sleeve hitch. I want to put one on this and have a 124 that I recently got that has the lift parts on it still. Will they work on my 128? Can it be adapted to work? If not anyone have one they would be willing to trade a wide frame one for a narrow frame one? Thanks everyone, this site has already helped me figure out the charging problem I had, and by the way you can use a Volkswagon voltage regulator from any parts house on these. I did and it works great, cheaper and locally available. Greg

Greg - what's the part number for the regulator, what was it used on specifically (year, size, etc..)??
Welcome to the forum..

The regulator came from Advanced Auto Parts. GP Sorensen R582P and right below that is 26-5002 on the box tag. I happened to keep the box end in case I had to have another one some day. Connections are on one end you will see 61 next to one terminal. It goes to GEN. The same end is BAT to battery. The other end you only use one terminal. It's marked DF and goes to field. I'm not sure what exact vehicle it's used on but is for an early 70's VW bug. It's silver on top with one screw in the center holding it to the base. It's even the same mounting size, the mount lined up with the factory holes.

Latest posts

Back