Archive through May 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
Ron R. Thanks for confirming the 42 deck info.
yummy.gif
Sorry for the confusion in my last post. When I picked up my 682, it came with a 50 inch deck that was shot. I have since picked up a solid 50 incher for the 682. The PO of the 682, asked if I was interested in the 42 deck, yea! He threw it in the deal for free. I understand that there would be some mod's to use a 42 deck on the 82 series. I was more interested in using the 42 on my 128. Thanks again
ihrotate.gif

And our sponsors come through again!

It all in the details. And those details were easy to track dowwn thanks to these guys.

A huge thanks to Chris Westfall @ Cub Cadet Classics
87189.jpg

And to Digger over at CC Specialties
87190.jpg

Now I can get both of my Cubs back into shape. They have been needing these parts for some time!

87191.jpg

Kent: (I'm sitting here waiting to see if I won a S/G on eBay). The fuel shut off valve on a 149 should have a screen up inside the tank that could get plugged. Have you got good fuel flow to the carb?

I'm going to try to install a rear PTO in my 126 this weekend. I have the installation manual, but just wondered if any of you that have done this have any tips/tricks that might help me out.
One thing I was curious about is removing the little plug where the shift lever linkage extends out of the rear end housing. Anyone know how to get the little plug out? I don't want to damgae it b/c if I screw this up and can't get it to work I'll need that plug to go back in.

Charlie!!! buddy! Pal!!
Is that a 1x9 dash fiberglass? How mny george washingtons would be required to send one to me? huh? huh?

My 126 is gonna need a muffler too. Would that muffler make it any quieter?

Jim-
I have one here on a 10hp that still has a pretty good bark to it, so I'm going to say "no", it doesn't make it any quieter.

<font size="-2">Not, to mention that it puts the exhaust right up in your face, and since I'm a non smoker, that doesn't work for me.</font>
tongue.gif

Charlie-
I'll be impressed with those wideframe dashes when you come up with with some repro dash tins to go on the face of them.
happy.gif

Been thinking about adding a hydo lift to my 125. By now I am surprised I don't have a right bicep like Popeye! Been reading the archives, but would like to ask a few questions.

Can I install any narrow frame hydro pump unit?
Looks like will need to locate a hrdro rockshaft are these hard to find/install?
Will I loose the ability to float my mower and snowthrower?
Finally part 10 (Clip Cyc End Clevis Rivit locking) is that used to secure the Hydro piston to the rockshaft?

Thanks for any info
jim

Is there a kit (bushings, bearings etcetera) available for refurbishing the loose steering on a Cub Cadet Original? I want to try and avoid having the thing apart for several days/weeks while I scavenge parts. Maybe a list of likely parts I will need on hand? Thanks

i found the diagram of the pto adjustment tool for the wide frame. could someone post a link to the narrow frame pto tool so i can print it out and make one. i think i have mine adjust4ed wrong after about 30 min the front plate gets real hot

I did the deed and used the "colorfull buttons" at the top of the page. Got some parts from Chris Westfall and I have to say the parts were not in the condition described when I received them. They were in much better condition than described. Been collecting the big stuff (IHC) for twenty-five years and it's always nice to fing a supplier that is understated on the conservative side. Thanks Chris!

Curtis, can you tell where the steering is loose? The tie rod ends, drag link ends, the spindles, the axle pivot pin and the steering gear can all have a little slop that adds up to loose steering, just fixing one area won't tighten it all up. The steering gear can be adjusted to take up some of the slop that should be your first step, then start to replace parts. Check the FAQ for the info on steering.

Ken F,

I measured .75" between the lift arm and the frame cross member for the steering column mount with the lift handle in the full-up position. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back