Archive through May 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh - Man you used the wrong side of the paint ! The slick side goes out and the sticky side goes on the deck
clappy.gif

That's the first complaint I've read about it.

How do you tell which side is the sticky side when its in a spray can
old.gif

oh and theres a first time for everything..

Josh - Spray can is the culprit. I've used the spray too and it's not the best stuff.

Kraig - Digger owes me fifteen million zillion dollars , you gonna pick up that tab too ?
beer2.gif

Gerry I. -- I'm on my way over to the Sandbox to learn all about the hydro repair work you did. Thanks!
worthy.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Josh O. -- Does your deck have all of the shrouding still intact?
If not, that may be contributing cause for the grass clippings not getting tossed out the side exit.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Ryan W, i cleaned it and its been ok since from what i know. yes the baffles are there and the extensionon the discharge chute is there. his is the first and only time its happend this bad.

ken, yes but its conviennient and less meesy than brushing it on. $4.79 a can tho
bash.gif

Heyyy...wheres my half of that?
clappy.gif

you...you..you have my..my home adress right? ju..just send it there(studdering due to the awe of the pile...mountain of cash)

id like a 72 or 73.but there so hard to find out this way unless someones got one i can buy from them
whistling.gif

perhaps to get the spark closer to the piston for more power/torque? but yours isnt that way so maybe charlies is off of a later tractor. what is your head off of?

The head with the spark plug over the exhaust valve is the later one, and I think the idea was to make it harder to flood the engine. It didn't really help IMO.

Thank you, Corbin Ken. Makes me want to take a road trip with my first SS Check - 11 months from today.
thumbsup.gif

question for the masses..The PO of my CCO said the engine ran until it got hot then quit. i know it needs rings and there was a crapload of carbon on the top of the block and head. I could also see it was spitting oil out between the head and had gasket towards the front of the tractor. besdes rings, and maybe a different head(one that isnt warped if this one is)what else should i check in to?

Josh,
If you are just looking to get it running for now or for a quick & low budget repair, I'd try to just remove the cylinder head, then clean the head, the piston top and the top of the block VERY GOOD, then replace the cylinder head with a new gasket, then torque it carefully according to the IH sequence at 10, then 20, then 30-ft.lbs., then fire it up. Run it for 5 minutes, then shut it off, then allow it to cool and then re-torque the cylinder head. I'd do the start/cool/re-torque two or even three times. If your fuel tank mounts over part of the cylinder head, use a temporary-but-longer fuel line for the 5 minute runs so you can access the normally-hidden head bolts easily with the torque wrench.
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

I should have added that i had it running and it smoked REALLY bad. i did decarbonize, and put back to gether and gas and oil seeped past the head

If you didn't correct the warped head, re-used the head gasket, or didn't torque it to spec and in the order in the manual, it'll blow again.

Latest posts

Back