• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tristan: That's proof that we're not totally nuts - they're not only useable, they're very good investments.
smile.gif

Frank, I agree 100 per cent. With a volt/ohmmeter and an understanding of what's going on, you can usually find an electrical problem. There's no such systematic way to diagnose a fuel problem!!!

Lucas,
I'll bet she was right -- it was a VERRRRRRY LOOOONNG time ago!
clappy.gif

Ryan Wilke
bubbly.gif

May have gotten lucky, just found a 149 that has been parked, said it threw the drive shaft and they just parked it , said motor was running when parked this may be my diamind in the rough, i may have to go pick it up tomorrow or monday as they are only asking 150 for it and it comes with some extra parts.

Dennis F.,
Did you ever get that TA for a cubbie figured out yet? I had to put a deck back on the 106 until I can get others fixed and I sure could use a low side of 2nd gear. It has enough power to pull the 48" deck in 2nd but my back and kidneys just can't stand the bouncing on my rough lawn. !st gear is just too slow. I need to get a hydro back running.

Still fighting with the 106, I decided to take it up to my grandfathers garage. Mostly for space but he has all the right tools to cut and weld steel. I tried to fix it here at home with a hack saw, a bench grinder and a drill press with out tearing the 106 down. It worked for about ten minutes. Im going to replace almost the entire drive line. New drive shaft, that fiber clutch plate and fix the original problem. I did manage to get new brake pads on! On another note that 104 sure is a pleasure to mow with, maybe thats why Ive put off the 106 this long!!!

Charlie, got an order for you later in the coming week, will know better on Tuesday what Im going to need.

TRISTAN - I'm not even a fan of the Q/L tractors and I think that 1650 would have followed me home! You didn't happen to notice how many hours were on it? Those silly hour meters IH used on those things with the three needles and sets of numbers are a PITA to read! Sure doesn't look to be used much and not abused at all. I have seen a lot of SGT's sell for less however, but they were rough.

Morning all, I have a wheel to take off the loader today and take to the repair shop on Tuesday(again). Owner said he would make this right.I`am not happy with a tire shop that don`t know how to install a tube and get it right. He did not have much to say when I told him it should be installed like a bicycle or motor cycle tire that drew a blank look. no wonder his guys do what they do because he don`t know any better either and can`t offer the right way to do it. So some seat time here hauling rock on the trailer and have to load by hand
bash.gif
bash.gif
.Its a good thing I have more than one tractor to use. Have a GREAT day .
old.gif

Has anyone ever considered useing (mabey) valve springs in place of iso mounts?

Latest posts

Back