• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dads 122

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Somewhere along the line he bought an 1812 and this sat. In 93 I borrowed it. Used it a couple of times and it threw the rod through the block. I stuck it in the shed. Around 2001 I found an engine. I took the entire tractor apart an was going to redo it. Life got in the way and it sat in boxes. In 2010 I decided to put it back together as is. Rebuilt the clutch and steering box. Got it all ready to go and the engine wouldn’t turn over against the compression. Pulled the cam cover and the ACR tab was broken off. Got a cam but again life happened and it sat. Finally this summer I decided to go at it. Pulled the engine to replace the cam. It had been bored .020 over. The bore and piston measured good but the rod and crank where scored. Had the crank turned .020 under and got a .020 under rod and had the valves faced. Deglazed the cylinder and put new rings in it. Now after 27 years it back together and runs like a champ. I think I like it with the patina. I’ll give it to the grandson when he gets a little older.
4FAAB52C-12C0-4221-9646-CF4433E626FD.jpeg

4903D779-D36F-4407-BDD1-78C2D9E030C5.jpeg

Great looking 122. That seat is near perfect.

Latest posts

Back