• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 20, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlang

displayname
John Lang
Time for a photo of my 122 I RESTORED or spruced up 12 years ago, just after 9-11-01 (As I recall!
happy.gif
Cultivating my sweet corn yesterday.

I love this cc 122 for work like this!

258642.jpg

258643.jpg

I shut it off to go get camera and the battery was not charged enough yet to start on it's own, hence the jump.
happy.gif

Hey John, Glad to see/hear from you. It's been a while. Is that the tractor that had the front "bumber" thing on it?

I'm sure we have a few Oklahoma cubbers here and if so I certainly hope they are ok after that monster tornado today. I also hope the best for everyone involved.

We got several inches of rain here in central NC. I'm working on restoring a pond and it almost filled in a matter of about an hour.

John, good to see you post again. How do you keep that 122 looking so good?

Thanks for your input guys. Sometime after running for a while it is hard to get the mower deck to engage. Could the switch be causing this problem? or the rectifier? just guessing i am not good at this stuff.

Steven:
The rectifier is part of the charging circuit, and is part of keeping the battery happy.. The Switch could be your culprit - not sure what you mean exactly by it being hard to get the PTO to engage, if it's like "I wiggle the switch and it works", it could just be a flakey switch, but if it does things like start to engage and then drop out, you could have bad windings or clearance problems as suggested. I'd definitely read the section on adjusting your PTO clutch, in the service manual , or in CubFAQ #8...

thanks Gerry will do. what i mean is if i turn off the deck after running for a while and go to switch back on many times it takes minutes to get the blades moving.

hello guys , long time lurker here , I have an 1963 original , my mower deck barring's went out last fall , so im just getting around to replace them , ordered new one from cubcadet /mtd , but from the parts look up I didn't see any grease seals for the top or bottom , anyone have any info about it? thanks

Digger I ordered the following :IH-470880-R92 Ball Bearing: .750 x 1.780 x .610, Replaces Part Number IH-464347-R91, IH-465003-R91, IH-470880-R91 4, thanks for your help

funny thing was. After going through the parts look up , and chatting with the online help , I thought ill would phone in my order , you know talk with a human? what a joke , the guy kept asking me my mowers model number , he couldn't understand the it was simply Cub cadet , he insisted that they was a number for this model . wow! on top of that he said the part number wasn't a valid part number . so I have no idea what I will receive ? wish me luck , lol

Tim C. next time try one of the vendors at the top of this page, I prefer Madson's myself, they know cubs and are very helpful. my local dealer told me there were more numbers than 149 for the model number, had to call me back a day later to tell me the seals for my deck were no longer available, called Madson's they had them in stock.

beerchug.gif
This pic sucks, but the story might be worth something. Tomorrow, rain or shine, (and it's supposed to rain) Emma will get a 35 mile ride to OxBow. She told me that she can stand getting wet again as long as I park her where it's dry when we get there. She's also comfortable with knowing that she'll be used as a mini bush hog and will become my "OxBow" Cub and will help keep me company on the days I'm there kind of helping watch over my dementia inflicted Mom.
Having "Too Many Cubs" has become less of a problem - just got to find uses for them.
Next pic of Emma will be on a sunny day and working, but before I forget - these cast pin-on decks are worth paying attention to.
beerchug.gif

258663.jpg
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank, looks like Emma is wearing her yellow rear weights for the new place.

Yes, Jeff, and also skinny little rear tires. She's wearing a (38"?) pin on deck that I bought from Do-Da several years ago at Zagray Farms in Colchester, CT. Wider tires didn't work with this deck, but I'm not complaining - it's the quietest deck I have here.
Speaking of which-I think I've found a simple thing to look for if your deck seems noisy. Just noticed that Penny's deck belt has pieces missing from the inside of it. I find that very forgivable since it might be almost as "old as the hills". (Are we drowning in idioms, yet?).
beerchug.gif
happy.gif

Planning the weekend ahead , what yard work and Cub work I've got and got this little reminder...

258674.jpg

Hoping the Veterans in your family that have gone beyond are remembered this coming weekend..

Latest posts

Back