• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith L ,Thanks , i found that info and i see the Cub up on blocks on 1 side and that is what i can`t find the info on. I have never used a plow before so this should be fun i hope.
151903.jpg

Took a carb to my local small engine dealer and saw these on his work bench.He told me they come on all new chain saws, why did i have a use for them ,he has a bucket full.well i`am thinking hood washers on most all my Cubs lol.Later Don T
151909.jpg

Well I got my new toy today thanks to Jim T. down in Mississippi.
151911.jpg

151912.jpg

151913.jpg

151914.jpg

Just about the time you think you have all the manuals, up pops something you have to start diggin for.

Don,
Looks like you may need to move the hitch pin to the far left hole, or 1R to move the plow to the right some if you're using your 149 with 10.50 tires. Block up the left side about 5" and adjust the tail end of the land so that it is about 1" off the ground. This should give enough point to turn sod pending soil conditions. Also, adjust in the sway bolts so that it doesn't have any pressure against the hitch. This will allow the plow some movement. And if you're turning sod, you might as well pull the coulter up all the way or remove it altogether unless the ground is pretty soft.

Good luck... I've never plowed before either... just regurgitating what I've read here. I hope I didn't miss anything or mis-stated anything.

Keith

D.Tanner i used plastic bushings on the cco when i put the hood back on just tap them in and then screwed s/s bolts in with lock nuts works good.

Charlie:
Looks like a belly blade, but the lift arm looks wrong and the mounts are ????

Well, here's one I could use some help on. On a cast iron mower deck does the outside part of the bearing assembly need to be smooth? This is the surface that is covered by the blade spindle on the underside of the deck. Thanks.

Back