• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthouk

displayname
Jim Houk
Cub Cadet 122 front PTO

Will tackle this weekend and do a slight loosening of the bolts. thank you for the advise. Have a brass button in place of the fiber one. Found it on EBay.

Jim Houk

Okay I've got a problem,gas in the crankcase!I checked the needle valve and it seems to be allright heck it even looks new,no hole in float either,just to be safe I bent the tang a little so the bowl wouldnt fill up so much,check valves they seem to be working okay though I'm not really familiar,searched archive and found a similar problem 2 years back,guy said flap thingy was broken, mine isn't but its not tight against plate.Could this be problem? Also should air be going in or out of the breather hole mine is going out is this blowby? Engine does not smoke a lick purrs like a kitten HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Henri C: On a Model 100, If the float is ok, its the needle valve & seat...it's the needle valve & seat....No matter what it "seems like".

By the way do you always (<u>always</u> !) cut the fuel off at the tank after each use??? If not, then you are the basic cause of the problem. That gravity flow system always has pressure on the needle valve unless you cut off the feed at the tank!!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Air goes out of the breather only, the idea is to create a slight vacuum in the crankcase by only letting air out. If dirt gets in the needle and seat it'll cause it to not seal. It's odd that it filled the crankcase though; usually it just comes out the air cleaner on a single cylinder Kohler. Kohler opposed twins and Briggs vertical shaft engines are notorious for this.

Henri C.,
I also had a situation with fuel "leaking by" at my carb on my 129/K301/12HP. I could always smell gasoline when I was near the tractor. On a cool day it would even drip a small amount of fuel out of the air cleaner. Once I started shutting the fuel cutoff valve at the base of the tank the smell went away and the dripping stopped too.

Realize that it does mention in the manual
rtfm.gif
to turn off the fuel cutoff valve after EVERY use. It seems as though I can read the manual a 100 times and I still read something new in it each time...... Good Luck!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

everyone thanks for your input I forgot to mention the problem is on the 73 I just aquired not my jewel(100) wich I NEVER shut the fuel off on so it never even dawned on me that this could be the problem.I also forgot to mention that fuel is running out of the bottom of the breather when the breather is in operation and the carb is clean as a whistle. I even physically tested the needle by turning on the gas and holding up the float to make sure the flow was stopped. This is very frustrating.

"problem is on the 73 I just aquired" might be a key piece of info. Had new to me equip that had fuel problems until i finally broke down and cleaned the whole fuel sys. hard to believe the water, rust, dried gas, and debris that can be in there.

does the float, float?

Hi Folks,

Long time sinced I posted. I'm trying to post something at the 'wanted' page. My log in here isn't working there. Can I get some help please?

Eric

David, the float didn't have any gas in it so I'm gonna say yes, the fuel system is so clean it's unreal it even has a new gas tank on it.

henri,

that "flap thingy" that guy might have been referring to might be in a diaphragm carb. I have never shut the fuel off on the 149 since it was new... The rubber needle seat may be not as pliable as it used to be... buy a carb rebuild kit from one on the sponsors above and r&r that thing... set the float height w/ the gage in the kit, should be good to go.... HTH

Scott the flap he was refering to was the breather flap under the valve cover I guess you can't go wrong on a carb rebuild but I honestly dont think it's the problem the Cub dealer says it could be improper crank case pressure since that flap isn't tight against the plate. I just hate the hunting and pecking of a problem I know is a minor fix(I hope)

Henri - Next time you put gas in the cub put it in the gas tank not the crankcase ... problem solved
biggrin.gif

If the needle in needling and the seat is seatin and the float is floatin then only other thing is , do you have to choke it alot to get it started cause that'll suck raw gas into the cylinder then past the rings.

Just mowed the front yard. My eyes are burning and dusty from ALL the pine pollen ! Looks like a dust devil going across the yard when the wind blows. The white pines are loaded with it this year.

Newbie here trying to learn what I can about these old cubs... I like them so far. I've been reading through the vault and would like to know more about the images of the crate and tractor posted on March 24, 2007? Does someone have more pictures of that machine? If you read the packing list, it was being shipped for long term storage? Where, why and when will it be seen again? I didn't see much discussion of what appears to me to be a pretty rare piece.
--jason

Jason S.
That's all the info that Hank sent me. He says he has more, but it's stowed away right now but will be forth coming one day.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Charlie, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open and be patient.
whistling.gif

Jason S

have a queastion on a cub 129. today i had the fenders off my cub and noticed that the drive shaft goes right through the hydro and sticks out
about 1.5 in.could i mount a hyd pump to that shaft.?

In theory you could but you'll have to add an extension shaft in between and put the pump at the back of the rear-end since there's not enough clearence at the stub for the hydraulic pump.

Boy are you guys in trouble if Mike takes his new improved TD to the next plowday !

I can smell the diesel exhaust just watching it !! and the turbo sounds sweet !!

Latest posts

Back