• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody! 122 Cub, the other day thought she ran out of gas, wouldn't restart, got no spark. Any suggestions on what I might look at first? I put a new coil in it last summer. A new plug and wire would be a easy thing to rule out by replacing. Haven't started throwing parts at it yet, Your help is always appreciated. Dave

Donald T., here's a few photos of a Cub Cadet 147 that Craig DeLong added a hydro pump to kind of like you were thinking. I've also included some text from a couple of his original posts. One thing to keep in mind is that on a Cub Cadet 129 the battery uses a good portion of that space. On a Cub Cadet 147 it's just a storage area.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I have just added Aux. Hydraulics to a 147 by connecting a 4 gal. per minute pump to the output shaft of the hydro. Seems to work quite well so far. I replaced the tin cover on the rear housing with a 1/4" plate and mounted the pump on the rear of it. Hyd fluid is drawn out of the rear assy., thru a filter and into the pump. Rear housing is acting as the tank and after going thru pump and valve, fluid is dumped back in the rear thru another fitting in the plate. Its a bolt on unit that fits quite well under the seat but you have to remove some of the tin in the under-seat compartment. If anyone knows any problems this can cause the hydro ....please let me know. I'll try and post a photo if I can figger it out!
C. DeLong

Well thanks guys, had the idea in my head for quite a while now, finally got around to working on it. Pump is from Northern, can get quite a few
differant volumes-pressures, all mount same. Valve is three spool eaton 6 gal. per minute. Filter mount is off 85 Ford 6.9 diesel fuel filter, ports
rebored and retapped, fitted with napa 1244 hyd filter (for small size). Pump is coupled with hollow shaft bored 5/8" hydro end and 1/2" with key slot and set screw on pump end. Whole arrangement is quite simple to build.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

56629.jpg

56630.jpg

56631.jpg

56632.jpg

56633.jpg

I'm curious, is there a list anyplace of all the known implements that were made to fit the original cadet? I have only seen the mower deck, and snow throwers so far... Can some sort of belt driven hydro pump be added? What other accessories can go on there without heavy modifications?

Also, considering how heavy duty the cadet is, it seems kinda cheap to have bushings for the rear wheel bearings. Anybody heard of a way to convert them to some tapered rollers or ball bearings?

Hello all, I am returning to the forum after a few years off. I have a 1450 & 44a deck which I am having some trouble with. I am having some issue with the mule drive belt. The adjustment is all the way out and its still loose. The belt is the same one I mowed with last year, P/N IH-490489-r2, I have checked the web and IH-59971-c1 is for the smaller pullied 44a which I will try, any other ideas from cub world? Also what mulching blades would you reccomend?

I need a fuel shut-off but my dealer doesn't have it in stock and it'll take them until Monday to get it. Does anyone know if Tractor Supply or a car parts type store would have something that will work? It's PN 951-3015. 1/8 pipe thread fitting with a little screen filter to keep the lumps out.

Stevenson, yes there was an add on Hydraulic lift setup that was available for the Original Cub Cadet. As for a "list", I have brochures and such that show other stuff IF I get time today, I'll try to remember to post some of it.

56637.jpg

Matt (and anyone else interested): By the way, that sandpaper/sheet of glass approach worked perfect. I use the same technique to sharpen plane blades and chisels so I had several large pieces of 3/8 thick glass on hand. I used 3M spray glue to glue full sheets of 220 sandpaper down and sanded the head. It was in worse shape than it could have been so it took a while...and I woke up with a genuinely sore right shoulder this morning to boot but it worked just dandy. That surface was dead flat when I was done and smooth as a baby's butt.

Latest posts

Back