• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 12, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry Davis. I had an elbow seized into my K301.
I kept soaking it with penetrant, tapping frequently with a small hammer and applying torque both in a tightening and loosening direction and the elbow to my surprise came loose after a week or so. Don't give up but I suspect that the cutting thru the fitting to just shy of the threads will work also. Good luck.

Do-DA
And WTH is wrong with the Parts Lookup at the top of EVERY page on this forum!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot, some people like to go there, order parts that they don't have in stock, pay up front. Wait 2 weeks only to find out the parts have not shipped and won't because MTD is out of stock or the part is on back order for another 6 weeks!

My bad!

Hi Lance, How 'bout checking CCparts Lookup above^^^^.... Put your 1650 in the box, then select Attachments...#2 tiller, It's all there at your finger tips...just like Charlie said.

Hey all I've got another oil question, I drained the cub yesterday. Refilled with 2 qts and the dipstick shows that I'm about 1/2 quart over. Everything I've seen says k301 has 2 qt oil capacity. I have a spec number and serial number if it helps. Spec is 4795B. Serial is A217088. Did kohler put different oil pans on the 301 or could I just have the wrong dipstick? I don't want to run it low of course and really don't want to run it overfull. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Can anyone here recommend a small engine repair shop / machine shop in SE Pennsylvania? I want to rebuild my seized k241?

Terry D. I wish you good luck on that exhaust elbow. when I restored my 149 and rebuilt the engine, I soaked and heated the elbow for two weeks 3-4 times a day and it never did come loose.
I mowed Sunday with the temporary replacement 12hp engine in the 149. seemed to handle the 44in deck and wet grass just fine.

Brandon: 1.5 quarts is the proper amount.
happy.gif

Brandon, Frank.. Just to pick a nit: the Lubrication Guide in the IH Operator's Manual says "3 pints".

Myron B

Charlie
I posted that to see if anyone was awake here.Got your attention....
hey Lance didja try the cub cadet parts lookup at the top of the page
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back