• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry-

I have that same chipper/shredder (I believe). Why don't you post a picture in the sandbox, I'd like to see the machine you have (don't want to rile the bear here in the main forum). I just did a mod to mine and put pneumatics to make it roll easier. I'll look for the pics I took.

FRANK C. - I caught my Dad doing what your picture showed many years ago. Similar target as well.

GERRY - I suppose we better kinda watch how far Off-topic We get. Charlie's probably feeling a bit better by now.

I think I got rid of my old Cycle magazine collection, but Gordon Jennings had a real good article on Mukuni carbs probably 35-40 yrs ago. Seems to me most Mukuni's had 4-5 different adjustments for air/fuel mixture. As long as the carb was remotely close to the right size and you had the $$$$$ for all the jets, needles, throttle pistons, etc. you could adjust it to work. My Ossa 250 SDR had the oem AMAL carb replaced with a 32 mm Mukini. Very easy carb to work on.

Getting one to work on a Kohler shouldn't be too hard.

Hello, My father and I went to an auction in Lewisburg on friday and I was the lucky bidder on the model 70.. This tractor had the 2 blade deck on it from the factory...very clean one owner tractor..

To all the Moms out there in Cub Cadet land!
189959.jpg

Dennis, Not that I have any expirience setting up a carb but it seems setting up a carb with enrichment circuits would ad to more problems than it solves on a govenor controled carb, course, I could be full of it. The carbs on gas tractors I've messed with weren't a whole lot different than these cub carbs.
Kentucky, Theres a place in Prophetstown that, I believe, makes hammers for grinders and shreaders. I gotta go to Dubuque, have a nice day.

Wayne and Kentuck:
The A-M shredder is a "Mighty-Mac 9-P".. I can't post pictures of it right now, it's a 100 miles north of here at our cabin... However, I do have the owners manual complete with all parts diagrams , etc., which I'm pretty sure would be usable for anyone with the IH version... I'll scan it into .jpg or .pdf (if I can find the .pdf software) and we'll figure out what to do with it at that point... McKissic is still in business, Kentuck, not sure if parts for this are still available. My father-in-law bought this one new in '82 ($601.18 !!!!)..He worked in a GM drop forge plant and soemeone there made him another set of hammers - never needed them, but I don't know now where they are...

Dave: No accelerator pump, just good transition circuits to help in the off idle to low speed and the low speed to high speed. The rough part WOULD be hooking a governor to a slide type carb, as they must have a spring to push the slide back down....as was said, pullers use 'em without a governor, which would not be practical for L&G use..(you'd be on th throttle all the time)

Charlie: Glad to see ya here, Dennis and I have been really good...

Dennis: Shhhhh!!!

Uhhhh, no....I don't have the tractor mounted one...... IHC also sold a rebranded version of the stand-alone model - that's what I've got - and it's identical, except for green instead of yeller paint.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Re-reading the archive link, I gotta ask, Don and Scott - are you related??

Gerry, Other than we both attest we have "sausage fingers" we are not....
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back