• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott Tanner NO - do not do it! That's my thoughts-answer to your question below.

Any thoughts about cut/shorten/weld/balance a set of Gatorblades to fit a 42" deck?

Have you ever seen a rock or other obeject fly out from a blade hitting it? Well imagine if that shortened/weleded/ blade broke and flew.....

How to prevent flat tires?
I'm running tubeless tires on a 104
Foam?
That green stuff you can squirt in there...?
Puncture-resistant tubes?

Lots of nails, chucks of wood, misc. scrap steel on the construction sites.
Curious as to your opinions.
Thanks
happy.gif

Avery-

6-ply tires will help. Foam-filling them would also probably work, but that's more or less permanent and will give you a very rough ride.

Scott T.-

Absolutely not. If you want gator blades, you'll have to measure your current blades and try to find blades of the same dimensions.

I dont recomend using slime if you intend on keeping the tractor. It just creates a mess if you have to take it apart again. I ALWAYS throw a tube in when I put tires on or fix them.

'Mornin', Matt!
Avery, I'm going to vote for the Slime Tubes. Just took a quick look on ebay (my reference site) and it looks like they just cost about 5 bucks more than a regular tube. Ditto on Matt's ruff ride! (But you'd never wear a tire out!!)
noshare.gif

"if you intend on keeping the tractor" -- heckuva statement, Josh! I had a used pair come in (not from you) and one had been Slimed. Not bad to deal with, seems to be water soluble.
biggrin.gif

Frank, well just thought i throw it out there as a cheap alternative if he was een just to get rid of the tires. I had to deal with a slimed tires/rim...not fun when you font have water anywhere near you!

Latest posts

Back