• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Walker
Here is a shot of the lift cylinder ? You can see where it connects by the float lock out plate. I can`t give you a picture of the whole assembly because I don`t have a 1450 or I would post a picture. I still think you have a broken roll pin. The stop should hold both deck lift arms at the same height.Check all three pins and let us know what you find. Don T

189847.png

189848.png

That would be on part number 2,3,6 and from what you say I would bet on part number 3 that lifts the deck closest to the frame. my .02

My hydro seems awfully slow and noisey. Fluid is just at the full level. I havn't had a hydro before so I do not know whats normal. Can't get much over three miles an hour. Any ideas?

I've got a question for the hydro experts. I've got a 149 that is leaking fluid. It won't move right now. The PO says he would just fill it up and run it until enough fluid leaked that it wouldn't go any more, then he'd refill it and go some more. I'm wondering if he's potentially done any permanant damage to the hydro. Anyone have any experience with running hydros repeatedly on low fluid levels? What is likely to be damaged? I'm debating if I should replace the gasket and try to use it or swap it with another hydro from a donor 149 I have on site.

Michael A. Miller
I have had the hydro pump apart on my 1512 to change the main shaft. From what I saw and what would happen with a hydro run with low fluid I would have to say its toast. There are some parts there that would get damage with no fluid.(pistons and plates)
My .02

Charles,

Sounds like you need a Hy-Tran and Cub Cadet filter change, as air in the hydro will do that...

Someone say Turbo Capri?
189853.jpg

or how about FE Ford 428CJ?
189854.jpg

Aaarrghh! Aarrghh! I miss that car...

Oh, to find an on topic bit.. Oh, I know... Is there any benefit to speed up a 42 deck to make it cut/vacuum/mulch better?

Any thoughts about cut/shorten/weld/balance a set of Gatorblades to fit a 42" deck?

Guys here is a picture of my hydro when I had it apart. Notice the small pistons and the plates that they move on. There is a lot of parts here that can be damaged for the heat that you would make running the low on fluid.

Michael A. Miller
If your leak is the cork gasket ,I would replace it and see if the hydro is going to work and not be noisy and slow from fluid bypassing in the pump. Just a little wrenching .
189857.jpg

Frank,
I also have that book. Maybe I've got the book that was shown after all. Thanks anyway.

Gary,
I emailed you a PDF with instructions and photos from when I changed my electric PTO. I'll also send a copy to Charlie as maybe he can use it on his FAQ page. At 624 KB it's too big to post here.

Scott
worthy.gif
Turbo Capri

After getting into a house the first order of business will be to finish rebuildin my Cub Cadet project, then finishing the Capri. I'm getting REALLY tired of pushing the only Cub Cadet I have around (my 6hp pusher).

governor linkage adjustment question.

K301A. 128.

to refresh your memories, i chased a stalling when hot problem for months, finally figuring out it was an exhaust leak.

everything was fine, cut the grass with no problem, but then the grass got high and the mower started to stall. sometimes in high grass, sometimes while tipped while going up/down hill or sideways on a hill.
this stall is not the same as the other stalls i had with the exhaust leak. this is clearly an over load stall,but the tractor is not over loaded.
back yard is uneven, front yard flat. it didn't stall for the hour on the front yard, but kept stalling in the back yard.
i hear the governor engage, i hear the idle come up, then it stalls.
the governor was already set to specs when i was having the other stalling problem, so i assumed the governor just needed a little tweaking.
i am now trying to move the spring to every hole combination. this takes a little time as it might cut half the lawn before a stall.
and now, my problem.
many of the spring positions i have tried have caused me to lose the throttle control. it stays at one throttle setting when you move the the throttle control. tractor will cut the lawn, governor engages in heavy grass or uphill, but you can not increase or decrease the throttle.

am i correct in assuming, if you can not adjust the throttle, the governor spring is in the wrong hole? or does this mean i need a new spring, or something else is out of adjustment?

also, if you stall when you are not putting an excessive load on it, and if you have already set the idle and points to specs, is adjusting the governor linkage spring the next thing to try?
or should i just put the spring back to factory spec and increase the idle?

the one thing i did not replace or adjust is the rest of the governor, inside or where it attaches to the shaft.

I'll try one more time to get this back on topic ...

Frank - Read carefully and this should fix it.
189872.gif

189873.gif

189874.gif

Dang
destroy.gif
swear.gif
Ferds !

Frank S - Tell me more about the "stalling when hot" / "exhaust leak". Was it getting the carburator
to hot and boiling the gas or what ?

PHOTO LINK
Here is a photo of some of my sweet corn as I was cultivating it last night with my cc122 with
Brinly cultivator

Ryan,
I suspect one likely way the screens get damaged is if it get bent when someone does a repair on something nearby on the tractor, and accidentally pushes a wrench or hand hard against the screen. When they restart it makes one hell of a racket, so they attempt to bend it back, weakening the screen. It can also happen if the hub/screen assembly is mishandled or carelessly stored during an engine teardown. If the blower housing isn't properly installed, that can cause problems as well. BTDT, and seen the work of previous owners of those engines

Frank S

You say the tractor does not stall on level ground in your front yard but (back yard is uneven, front yard flat. it didn't stall for the hour on the front yard, but kept stalling in the back yard.) I would check the float level to see if its set right.might not be getting fuel in the back yard on that uneven ground. Take the carb off the tractor and turn the Carb upside down and see if the float is set correctly.Governor should be set as the post below . Good luck

Don:
Should we be watching for you and the Cubs on Sunday night TV??? Tom Selleck might be a Cub admirer ..... I see he's filming the seventh "Jesse Stone" up there in Lunenburg (and Halifax)!! (and the sixth one is showing Sunday night). That looks to be about 5 miles from ya!!

Raining now, 129 on it's way to the garage....

Frank, how steep is your back yard? just wondering.

Charlie, did you get any snow yet?

Here's the forecast for around here.

189876.jpg

Latest posts

Back