• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 05, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny, My guess is you have a battery with one cell shorted. It will charge like crazy and overheat the gen. That 11.75 seems low. Try swapping batteries.

Lonnie - my recent experience with full tilt charge on a 129 w/ S/G was due to the ground cable from the battery being loose. It was pegging the ammeter and the S/G was hot. Tightened the ground up - back to normal. Of course, I didn't notice the loose bolt on the ground cable until I'd pulled the battery and the regulator, which involves the two bolts on the regulator that require six hands to put the nuts back on.

Brian - what - no ISDN dial backup ???

John G.
I will swap the battery from the 102 over to the 72 and try that.
Might even try putting the battery into the 102 to see if the starter on it gets hot trying to charge it.
Never thought about the battery being bad as it spins over 10hp in the 72 with no problems, but will check it out.

KG.
I did not think to look at the battery post connection.
I know the ground wire was tight at the starter as for when I replaced the starter I made sure to tighten all bolts.

Thanks for your help on the wiring, guys.

I am pretty sure that I know what is going on with the mis-wiring on the tractor, tho I am not sure exactly how they ended up actually wiring it this way.

It appears that the kill wire for the command motor is wired through the seat switch, so in order to turn off the motor with the key, you have to sit in the seat to complete the kill/grounding circuit back to the key switch....

argh!

one other related question though.

Does anyone have any pictures on locations of the brake swith, backside of 782 dash, and key switch locations? I know where the seat switch is, and I think the brake switch is still on the brake rod under the center cover? also, any pics of where the wires are routed from seat switch to dash, etc

Thanks!!!

Oh and I am assuming that the voltage regulator is actually on board the CH23 motor, rather than a separate unit anymore, right??

Finally took some pictures of the domor for thr 982D project
35462.jpg
35463.jpg

HEY MIKE!!!! Your FAMOUS! One of Your twisted 982 axle shafts was the "Featured Carnage" in RPM this month compliments of Hank Will. ;-)

I finally got <strike>my</strike> I mean my daughter's SO76 running, it had some "gunk" in the carb that needed cleaning out. I used it to mow my lawn and I was pleasently surprised at how well it mows. I did feal a bit guilty using a 30 year old highly collectable tractor to do actual work.
happy.gif

35466.jpg

35467.jpg

35468.jpg

Here's the owner of the SO76 after her first time driving it.

Kraig,
Cool pics, Good thing she has you under her thumb, and can keep you under control!
biggrin.gif

I can't believe how much she's grown since the last pic I saw a year or so ago.

Charlie, thanks! Yeah she's growing like a weed! I thought I was going to have to move the seat up for her but she can push the clutch all the way in with no problem. Look at those legs and she's only 11.
happy.gif

35472.jpg

I have owned my cub 1650 fof thirty years and never had an engine vibration until i changed the motor mounts six months ago.Ihave tried everything with no sucess,from what i read they got away from the k341 because of vibration problems. Does anyone know where i could get a set of the old style mounts

Fred B,
If you installed the new mounts per the insruction sheet they will be to tight, loosen them up a bit and see if that helps.

Thanks charlie,the bolts are loose. Its really strange that the vibration comes at about one quater and continues until half throttle.it does not vibrate at idle and above half throttle. IF you feel the engine it feels like the engine is smoothe but the tractor vibrates bad. I removed the driveshaft and it still vibrates. there is a book at the local book store on cub cadets,they say that there was alot of mount failures caused by the vibrations in the k341 engines.

Fred,
I've always had good luck with the MOOG K-5252 sets from napa. You do have to make sure to get the black ones as the red and blue are way to hard.
I just redid a 1650 and the black ones seemed a little harder than I remembered them being from last year, so I zapped'um in the microwave for 30 seconds twice and they are perfect IMHO.
Zap at your own risk as temps may vary from microwave to microwave!
biggrin.gif

HI, I picked up a snowplow the other day, it's a model u111, what does it fit? my guess is it's for the "bathtub" rear engine riders i.e. the model 60. If any has a guess, let me know. thanks

Thanks charlie,I will give those mounts a try. Does your 1650 have any vibration.My engine does not have balance gears and never did,where balance gears used to stop these vibrations.I checked several quiet line tractors at the florida flywheelers show in febuary and they all vibrate.

I am experiencing a problem with my recently rebuilt K301 engine in my 1250. After about 20 minutes of troublefree mowing, the motor begins to lose power. I run MMO, so hopefully it is not the exhaust valve sticking. I had to bore the engine .100 over stock and use a 14 horse piston due to the wear.
I popped the head off, and the gasket was fine. I ran it for ten minutes, then re-torqued.
Another interesting item was that I attempted to check for a vacuum at the dipstick location, but instead found it was pressurized!

Any ideas as to what is causing my power loss?

Back