• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
Steve-
Been tilling with my 169 too. Talk about a soil shredding machine! I used to like to plow a new garden before I tilled it up since hooking it to the 169 after plow day my plow is "parked"

Nothing like a #2 on a 782 with ag tires, weight, and a nice crisp hydro. It'll eat sod for lunch, and not even try to push the tractor!!

I'll stick with the 147 for tillin!
27881.jpg

These make a great pair for movin dirt too. They will get a workout real soon, I have a neighbor putting up a new garage and he asked me the other day how much I was gonna pay him for me to do his level spot!
27882.jpg

OK Charlie --

I want a high res image of the tilling for my column in Red Power.

that goes for the rest of you too -- I would love some spring gardening chore images to include in the Yellow and White Pages column. I have a good number of plowing pics, but tillers in action, one-row planters in action, even mowers, chipper shredders, trenchers, etc. in action would be sweet. Convince your wives, kids, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbors, or any random stranger to take your pic while enjoying a cub Cadet of any vintage in the springtime.

Digital images need to be as large and as fine as your camera can make them. 35mm-prints need to be scanned at 300 dpi or better.

Please accept my apologies for putting this post here -- I am not sure where belongs.

Thanks.

Hank

Speaking of tillers... someone (Kraig?
happy.gif
) have a picture of the #2 mount installation?

Trying to figure out a way to set it up and not get in the way of the sleeve hitch.

Charlie- are you sure you can do the job without having the local neighborhood supervisors watching and telling you how to do it??? Or are ya gonna recruit them to help???? I know the one has experience running a Cub but he might have to be retrained again since his is old and does get CRS!!! LOL.

Any one get the Red Power today?Nice pis of the M&W I sold Willy DeTurk.The M&W seems to be a forgotten product of M&W.I talked to some one there when I was looking for the logo and they did not know that they existed.Just hope if a feature is done I get credit for my effort.Hope to have another Original as nice in a year or so.Not M&W though.

Hey y'all, I have finally finished my tractor (1250). I have almost all problems have been solved but this. I have a problem with the transmission. Here is what happens...
1-Start tractor first time and put in reverse and it barely moves backward.
2-put in forward and all seems fine.
3-Back to reverse and...BAM! full speed reverse.
4-Back to neutral and still in reverse.
5-Have to go 3/4 of the way to forward to get to neutral.
6-Forward speed is controllable but when I go back to reverse same thing, fast backwards and the brake doesn't stop it as it is still in reverse in the neutral position. It seems to always want to go to reverse.

I have done all adjustments correctly as far as I can tell. I then have tried to go to extreme positions but nothing seems to make a difference. The linkage does not seem to move any when the reverse speed increases. The thing is dangerous to drive. Any help would be appreciated. Kinda dicouraging that I cant get the final adjustment on my all winter project solved. Thanks, Paul

P Brouillette,

1. Did the tractor do this before the restore?
2. Have you had the hydro linkage apart for some reason?
3. Have you swaped out hydros recently?

MIKE M. - Got My RPM Monday. Lot of great stuff in there about M&W, Hiesler, and the other after-market companys. I remember when M&W first came out with the 9-speed for the '61 to '63 Cub Cadets I wanted one SO bad. Sure wished I had bought a couple and put them on a shelf for 40 yrs!
HANK - You & Ken were too busy "Talkin Shop" couple weeks ago..... I had My CC/IHC photo album behind the seat of My truck. Might have been a couple Pics You could have had! Ken DID show Me His Pic's..... Last 5488 going down the line at FARMALL. Things were slow in May '85. What took two days in 1981 took 2-3 weeks in 1985!

Mike M and WmDeT:

Believe it or not, #5836 was a lowly roller of mine before it was M & W'ed!

Good Job!

just got another cub cadet tractor FREE,a red 782 with ag tires,3point adn rear gear box, bad thing is it has a blown engine, not a see through block tho,the lady says she has a mower deck and tiller for sure,im waiting for her to call me back, and hopefully i can get those for free also!!

Jeff V.
I'm really curious as to why the he double L your butt ain't out the door headin that way, rather than waiting for a freakin phone call??????
angry.gif

well im at work, and it's in our shop right now, her son ran it out of oil, thats why it blew, she told me that the attachments were of no use for her, and i said i would send our driver over and pick them up,and get thme off her hands for her, then i told her i could give her $100.00 dollars for everyhting,she wanted to check with her son.

My 1450 had enough condensation in the trans that the fluid turned yellow. Am I asking for trouble if I use Dexron to flush it out and then use HYTRAN to refill? The reason I ask is I have a 30 gal barrell of Dexron. I will be using genuine CC filters.

You guys talk about your tillers "eating sod and not pushing the tractor", how are you doing that? I have a tiller like the one Digger has pictured on my 1450. It doesn't like to work up sod or really hard ground without pushing the tractor. I have much better luck if I turn the ground with the CA & 2-14's and then work it up with the tiller.

Brian W,
That ground in my picture has a 14" prairie grass root base that's tougher than a boot. The key that I've found in tough ground is to go slow! I mean really slow. If your tines are good,the long belt is tight and the upper belt a little loose and your tractor has the H.P. and not tired, I've yet to find ground that I couldn't till. UNLESS! it was full of rocks. Then I just plow it first, pick the rocks and go for it.
biggrin.gif

Paul B.
Sounds like you have trunion problems. Did you rebuild the trunion and did you get everything together correctly?

If it was mine I would remove the fenders, put it up on jack stands, hook up a remote battery and move the hydro control and see what is happening. (JUST BE VERY CAREFUL) The problem should be pretty easy to spot then.

27905.jpg

Hello,

I have a Cadet 982 and I am wanting a little information about the front grill IH emblem. I think that the previous owner has replaced it with something other than the original type. Can someone please give me the dimensions of the original style emblem and let me know if it is plastic or metal? I appreciate your time and information.

Latest posts

Back