• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy S,
How bout you post a pic of what ya have and someone will tellya if it's right or not.
biggrin.gif

Jeremy, I believe the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> emblem on the 982 was plastic. Also I believe they are NLA (No Longer Available).

27908.jpg

Jeremy S.....The IH emblem on the 82 series is METAL. It's NLA from Cub Cadet, but the brushed silver finish IH emblem from a 5X88 tractor (1251830C1)looks nice in its place. See my profile for a picture of this....

Hello all. Left my 1200 in the rain the other day, and now the clutch/brake doesnt stop the driveshaft, had to ram the gear into 1st just to get it moved. Not sure whats wrong, any ideas? There seems to be be a button that gets pressed when using the clutch brake. Could this button (switch) have gone bad? or is my clutch shot? Thank you in advance for any responses.

Vibra-tach.
Thanks for the suggestion I use vibra-tach to measure RPM. I am unable to locate on the web. Where can I purchase one?

Jeremy, if you have the wrong one you should be able to find a used one.

Charlie - I kind of like that one. Looks like the logo is flexing his biceps!

Hi guys im new to the International Harvester CUB CADET forum.I sure hope you guys know what your getting me into.About a month ago,the transmission went out on a chain store MTD.To me MTD stands for My Tractor Died.I was told the tranny is non serviceable so i started looking on Ebay for a tranny.I kept seeing these old cub cadets that were still in operation.These things look like they were built like tanks.The only problem I have is all of them for sale were simply too far away.I live in Southern Louisiana and no one nearby is really doing anything with old cub cadets.By now I'm hooked.Everybody I talked to during the day I asked if they knew any body with an old cub cadet they want to sell.One day going on a wild goose chase for a cub,"which didn't exist by the way,"I spotted yellow and white sitting in tall grass on the side of a barn.It was time to lock up the brakes,do a u-turn,and knock on the door.Come to find out,it was a 1450,that didn't belong to the guy whose door i was knocking on.It had been sitting there two years with the spindles frozen solid,the engine ran,and needless to say the tranny pulled.Four days later the cub is sitting at my house.
proud.gif
.I have ordered all manuals that is suggested,but something inside of me just can't wait to touch it.At this time I would like to give special thanks to Art Aytay on his instructions for servicing the tranny.It really was alot of fun popping those eleven wheelies.It really is ashame i don't have any neighbors living close enough to have witnessed them.So far this has been a fun project.I'm sure I will have problems in the future,and will need help from you guys.I would like to say thanks to you all for introducing me to the IH CUB.Without reading in advance about cubs here and seeing the information you share,I probably would not have ever gotten my very own IH Cub.
Thanks
Jack

Could someone show me a picture of how the throttle cable is ran on a 782? I rebuilt the motor and put it back in and its the only thing I can't remember how it was ran!!

Jim

Hey Richard, thanks for the info. What part is the trunion excactly? Not too familiar with the terminology yet. I did pull the tranny when I did the resto. I had to pull the linkage all the way apart too replace the spring. I don't know what it was doing before the redo as it was all too rusty to use. I did not swap out or dissasemble the hydro itself though. Could I have messed something up when I tapped the shaft out of the linkage? Thanks again, Paul

B. Watson

I ran my 1250 on mostly dextron for several years, then finaly replaced it with new Hytran---- never had any problems. I'm sure you will get all kinds of answers. I would surley use the dextron for flushing it out.

I need a bit of help, I got a phone call from som guy I have never met, was refered to me by my local cub dealer, seems he has a 124 that need some work on the lift handle.
I dont currently own a 124 and have no idea what this tractor looks like, could someone here who has photos of a 124 post them and possable the lift handle also. Thanks.

<font size="+1"><font size="+1">I have 782 with a 50" deck and it looks as if I need to replace 2 of the 3 spindels for the 50C deck. Can anyone tell me where I may find the complete blade spindle assembly at a reasonable price? Larry</font></font>

Uh, try one of the sponsors above? Honestly I don't know other than that.

Someone had some at PD 9 for sale (I remember trying to figure out what the hell they were and asked!).

Rick >
Thanks for the link, it helps alot to know what kind of cub I will have to be working on this weekend.

Paul B.

Go up the page and click on FAQ, read #14, there are several pages with pictures.

Larry S.

Last time I checked Carter & Gruenwald had the replacement bearings for the 44 and 50 inch decks. Go to top of page and click on business card.

I pulled the rear off my 1250 so I could get the drive shaft off... also I'm probably going to take it over to Mike M's for some welding on the Trunion... easier to transport the rear than the whole tractor.

How do you guys think the drive shaft looks?

Rear end of drive shaft
27920.jpg

Front end of drive shaft
27921.jpg

Engine bracket
27922.jpg

And finally the rear end... check out the filter!
27923.jpg

So I guess I have some cleaning to do on this thing. Sure hope I can get the parts and have her back together by next weekend, the grass is growing slowly, but surely.

Chuck Fischer

Latest posts

Back