• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, speaking of sunsets, how about sunsets over Grand Canyon? From last June:

35331.jpg

35332.jpg

35333.jpg

35334.jpg

35335.jpg

35336.jpg

I better post an on topic sunset.
happy.gif

35338.jpg

Sunset over Cub Cadet.

Need help with my 1650 hydro lift valve.It was stuck and Digger said use PB Blaster and work it loose,which worked.I can extract the rod approx. 1/2 inch, but there is either a strong vacuum or a spring inside which pulls the rod back in.Should the travel be more like 2-3 inches,or is this normal? I know in hydraulics a little goes a long way,but 1/2 inch seems too little.Any advice?Thanks!

Rob N.

For general mowing etc. I recommend the Titan Multi-Trac CS in 16x6.50x8. The are a very nice truf tire that stick well on side hills, in snow, and in loose dirt. I run them on all of my 6.50 rims.

Appliance usage suggestions:

A neighbor just dragged home and Agri-Fab lawn aerator. Nice rig, good price (no real Cadet stuff at the auction, though).

There are as many opinions as there are people standing around on how to use this thing... Spring and fall, once yearly, every other year, do you thatch first and then plug? I'm sure this 48" pull behind will do nicely behind the 782, but in the excitement of doing this for the first time, I don't want to overdo it and ruin my lawn.

Does anyone pull such a thing with a Cub?

Did anyone watch the finale of TX Ranch House on PBS? What did you think of Mr Cooke and the situation with the horse - was it his or the cowboy's?

Cub content: I'd rather ride a cub than a horse!

Bobby B:

The hydraulic valves on my Cubs only travel (move) a short distance (perhaps 1/2" - never measured.) My valves spring back to the neutral position most likely due to a detent spring inside the valve. Sounds like your valve is working properly.

Steve B.,
Thanks for tire opinion. I had those on my 582 Special, and they worked fine. OBTW: It is my understanding that Carlisle makes the tires for Titan. Carlisle has the same tire in their catalogue.

Can the 82 series wide frames handle the 18x7.50x8 with 26x12x12 rears?

Alright, so there's THREE of us that actually watch PBS
lol.gif

Personally, I prefered Manor House, but then again, I live in Barrington
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">dare I ask how many of us subscribe?</font>

Rob,

Watch for rubbing on the bottom of the side sheets at full lock and axle articulation.

Bryan, I watch PBS, but mainly for: This Old House, Victory Garden, Home Time, New Yankee Workshop, some of the British comedies and some of the Nova and other science programs. Not really interested in the reality programs, though I did watch some of that one that was filmed in Canada about the pioneers, they could have used a Cub Cadet and Brinly plow instead of the horse and plow.....

Well I rolled around on my garage floor until about midnight last night, finally got the deck on my 122 (49" deck) leveled, fore and aft, left and right. Did have one last question- I’ve got the wheels at ½ inch off the garage floor, how high should the blades be when the wheels are at ½ inch? Also, do the “hoops” have any input on the cut- one of mine is missing. Thanks!

David, I bet it's a 48" deck. The hoops don't directly affect the cut but they do affect the integrity of the deck which will eventually affect the cut and the long term integrity of the deck. Without the hoops the deck will flex and could cause cracks in the deck skin. The manual covers the leveling and height cut adjustments. Do you have the manual?

David, I should add that I have a 42" deck that had one of those hoops wear through and the deck skin did crack around the spindle on that end of the deck. I caught it before the skin was destroyed. The deck skin and hoop have been welded up and the deck works fine again.

For all of you, here is what happened:
You own a lawn mowing business. 4 of your cub cadets were stolen by a gang. Later, one of your employees has talked to you and for $500 in wages, the Cub Cadet that he uses to mow lawn will be his and he'll use it still to do the lawn mowing. On one of the mowings, the gang kidnaps your employee and the cub cadet. The gang says, unless you trade 10 push mowers, for your employee and 4 cub cadets, you won't see your employee ever again. So as the boss, you agree. You arrive at the gang hangout and free your employee and the cub he uses and 3 other cubs. The gang leader says, 1 of the original cubs they stole is still theirs since they only bargained to turn over 4 cubs.

Later at the end of the summer, when your employee is ready to leave for college, he comes to get his pay and the cub cadet that he uses. You as the owner, says, "you can have your pay but not the cub cadet. Since I (the owner) had to pay 10 push mowers for you and 4 cub cadets, I bought the cub cadet (from the gang) that you were using that was stolen by the gang. In fact, you lost your cub cadet to the gang."

Kraig- Yes, I have a manual, it's kinda basic- no mentioned about leveling. I printed out a few articles off this site about leveling a year or so ago. They said to get the fore / aft dead level. Measuring off the blade. had to shim the rear brackets- the rear was about 1 inch higher than the front. Guess I should try to find another "hoop", besides it looks good with them installed.

David, is this what your manual states? It is kind of basic but it does cover it. As far as gauge wheel location I would guess it depends on how long or short you like to cut your grass. Trial and error kind of deal I don't know that there is any "right" setting.

35347.jpg

35348.jpg

35349.jpg

35350.jpg

35351.jpg

35352.jpg

Hi Everyone,
I need to replace the ignition switch on a 1650. Can anyone offer any advice. Does the dash have to be removed or is access easier if I remove the bracket behind the gas tank, or both?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

Back