• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Need to figure something out with your help if possible? The famous "What's it worth" question.

IH built 782 parts tractor. So the owner removed the hood, side panels, engine clutch, rear rims & tires, and tunnel cover.

Left series I engine (working), grill, fender pan, battery box, rear axle, front axle, front rims & tires, dash tower, steering assembly, hydralic lift cylinder & lines.

WORST case, what should I pay for it from the stand point of taking the few parts I need and sell the rest if I chose not to keep them as spares "just incase". Can you easily get $75.00 for a series I or is that a pipe dream? Rear axle without hydro pump - $??? Do they go for $75 to $100? Just trying to justify the price he is asking for the parts as a package. Need some guidance, never bought a parts tractor before?
1a_scratchhead.gif

1a_violin.gif

DENNIS,
You told me what I didn't want to here. lol
Thanks for the info! Guess i'll have to rummage the vault tonight!!!But wait, tonight is HISTORY NIGHT!!!
ROD

anyone know the drive pulley size on a #2 tiller
i beleave its a 10" 3/4 bore but can not seem to find one.The one i got is wore down on the guard side and now the belt twist on its side instead of runing true

Mike P - You probably won't get the answer you're looking for here. One of the Forum Rules is, no asking about the value of a tractor. You really need to know how much the parts you want are worth to you, and checking previous "For Sale" ads might give you an idea of how much you may recoup on reselling the remaining parts. Good luck!

Rod, click HERE and scroll down a bit and you'll see my post about fixing the crack in an Original frame. For more photos of the frame fix click HERE and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the info Robert. Muchch appreciated. I have been doing everything i can to get this old Cub running like it is new again. My wife think s i'm nuts but it is an illness.

Here's where I stand with the ACR problem in the 129.

I just finished installing the engine again and she cranked right up. I let it run for a couple of minutes then shut her down. I again went to crank her and the ACR wasn't working. She wouldn't turn over from too much compression.

Has anyone ever installed a new weight spring and can it be done with the engine installed? Yesterday when I first got the cam cover off I stuck my finger in and the weight I touched pushed in. This puts the ACR in the starting position according to the manual. I don't mind pulling the engine but if it can be done like it is it will save me some time. The manual just says the weight spring is serviceable. This is the 129 I'm "refurbishing" for my neighbor and it should be done already. He has one of my 124s to keep his grass cut while waiting. So far he has hit a big rock which bent the middle blade then the deck belt broke and he didn't even know it for a while and kept on mowing with just the middle blade cutting. That 124 needs to come home.

Any and all will again be appreciated.

well getting closer on my O

i still have to pull the hood and repaint it but so far she is a runner flip the key and pust the button and she starts right up i do have a small oil leak in the motor (might be from the pan bolts
225552.jpg

my son is practicing his photography skils
happy.gif

225553.jpg

I have had problems on and off with my 782 shutting off when i mow for a while on hot days. I replaced the coil and points last year and it ran fine all winter plowing. The first hot day mowing it died again. I let it cool for a while it started up and i was able to finish mowing. I assume the only other thing that it could be is the fuel pump but i don't want to keep wasting money. Does anyone have any other ideas or have had the same porblem before i make the old lady mad and spend more money on my Cub. Thanks.

Chris R., very nice job stuffing that 10hp in there! Looks great in Red and White.
greenthumb.gif
Any chance you can post a photo of how you did the fuel tank mount? BTW, your son has great form holding that camera!

Art,
lol.gif
(Just to eliminate any confusion, the Steve B. that Art is referring to is Steve Blunier, not Steve Bauer.)

Matt, I don't know what it is but I chopped and channeled one about 16 years ago for my 4 yer old son. It has a transmission thats just forward and reverse. I put dead man throttle and clutch on it and he had a blast.
Oh yea, This is way off topic.

Chris-
Nice job on the 10hp Original. We should try to get them together sometime for a photo.
happy.gif

Steven Bauer-
Yes, what you describe is most likely the fuel pump going bad. It's my understanding that they don't pump as well when they get warm, so that's why it works cold, but not once the engine warms up.

You can either go with a standard (Kohler)replacement pump, or get a generic electric pump from your local auto-parts store. My 1872 has that set-up on it with an electric pump from NAPA. I have a switch wired up on the dash that puts power to the pump, just flip the switch on and start the tractor.

thanks for the advise. I think the electric pump sounds like a great idea and it will fix my heat issue with the Kohler mechanical one. Do you remeber how i find on that matches?

Does the 12HP Kohler K301 have a fuel pump ? I think I might replace my coil and see if that solves my shutting off problem.

Matt that would be a rugg mower

i have a vesion of that at the house

5hp/ 25" cut its tiny but cute
happy.gif

Never mind guys...I found the culprit. This little tab was putting just enough pressure on one of the weights it wouldn't allow it to return to the starting position. I also pulled the spring and slightly bent it to give it a tad more strength. I haven't checked it out yet because the engine is still on the bench but I feel pretty good about the fix.

225557.jpg

I was just proding around and sort of accidentally pried under this tab and the weight popped back. I then pried it about a frog hair out and could barely feel it bend and it stayed. I can't say for sure but I think it will be fine now.

If any of yall ever have this situation you now have something to try.

Dave Hassler, If you replace the coil, install a condenser as well, make sure to ground the condenser and check your connection on the negitive side of the coil also, I was mowing with my 122 a couple of weeks ago and it running erraticly to the place it had very little power, mine was a bad condenser,and loose connection on the coil. Installed both and it fired up and I finshed the yard. my 2 cents

Back