• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know what is the size of the main tiller drive belt for a 122?

William go to frequently asked questions at the top of the page. Then on to Charlies Faqs. If you can't get the answer there call one of the sponsors at the top of the page and they will have the info and also the belt and any other parts you need.

Thanks for the input Harry! That is what I am looking for from memebers. For the most part right now, I need sheet metal and cosmetic parts for my 782, so it might actually work out?

Calvin: The PTO has two leads, measure the resistance between them in Ohms.

The bearing can be replaced even though it takes a little doing. The bearing is "staked" into the PTO housing. The staking must be undone by any means available in order to replace the bearing. Information on the bearing itself is sufficient to procure a replacement.

Others and myself have done it, so its possible, but tricky.

Hi Jeremiah,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the 2 leads. I must be missing something. There is a single wire coming off the PTO (attaches via a disconnect to the wire from the PTO switch). There is also (on the back) a tiny wire between 2 screws. Otherwise, I don't see any other points to touch my probes too - am I overlooking something? I've got 2 PTOs and both are the same. One came off the 1450, the other a 1250.

-Calvin

Calvin-

I just replaced the PTO clutch bearing in my 682 and I think it is similar to yours. There should be three little tabs holding the bearing in. I just took my Dremel tool and grinded the tabs down and it came right out. Well, I had to hammer/tap it out but was easy. When I put the new bearing in, it was very snug and I just took my punch, put it where the old tabs were and created new tabs. The whole process took me 10 minutes.

JB

Calvin and Jeremiah-

The older PTOs have one wire. The other wire is grounded to the mounting frame of the coil. Simply measure resistance between the coil chassis and the wire. It should be roughly 4-8 ohms.

Art,

And I put the tires on the right way too!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, that is the most manuverable plow rig I have ever run!!!! It will plow CIRCLES around the competition!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kraig-

Could you please post a pic of the underside of a QA 42" pin on deck? I have been through three manuals and they have no underside pics. I'm trying to get the baffles as close to original as possible.

Thanks ahead.

Wayne, if I could find a photo of one I'd post it. So far I've not been able to find one.
bash.gif
Hopefully someone that has one will take a photo and post it.

Back