• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmorski

Charlie:
Thanks
Is the third/bottom picture a 982? If you put the cab on it, I suspect that the front does not need to swing out so you can access under the hood. Do they make the third /bottom picture that swings out for say my 782? Currently have it on a 1650, but would love to move it to my 782 with the M18.

I see the heavy duty weights, still aren't as heavy as my pair of 175#s per side for a total of 350# I'll bet.

Randy K.
No electric PTO for your tractor, sorry.
As far as parts go, we've some GREAT SPONSORS listed above that have EVERYTHING ya need.
Try'um, you'll like'um.
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank M.
I know NOTHIN about Cozys for red tractors so your SOL with me. But hopefully someone that has one will jump in here for ya.

I recently acquired an 1862 to use as a donor tractor for my 582. Specifically, I'll be using the Magnum 18 engine to replace the KT-17 currently in my 582. In what way do I need to alter the wiring harness to get this swap to function?

I should probably mention that I used a modified wiring harness from a 782. I removed the electric PTO circuit, as I'll be running a hydraulic pump off of the crank eventually. Here's how it's wired now:
53805.jpg

Plow you guys O.K. up there?? looked like some rough waether was headed your way earlier...

Yea, we were just a bit North of the rough stuff. I think Charlie got worse that we did, which is the way it SHOULD work out!
LOL!

I was putting powdercoated plows together out in the driveway for PD!
happy.gif

Man wish I could make it to Travis's this year...Fuel prices and work keep getting in the way.....Can't wait for all the pics....

Randy
I grafted a Warner electric PTO on my 149... works great... they used them on dixie choppers, for example...
I can post pics when i find them, if you wish...

Well, Saturday I told Melina that I didn't want to till the garden with the old front tine blister machine this year. I said I was going to go pick up a luxury self prepelled tiller that I had found. She said ok, so I went and picked this up.

53814.jpg

Here is where it has sat in the back of a barn for about three years. Just where I found it.

53815.jpg

53816.jpg

53817.jpg

I took the time to check fluids,spark plug, cleaned out the old gas and it fired right up with the battery charger. I tilled a couple of gardens and can't imaging going back to something else. It wasn't what my wife was expecting me to bring home, but I'd much rather use this than one of those walk behind tillers.
buttrock.gif

Friday I was out at my dad's place and we finished putting this lawn/driveway roller together. It needs a couple of little adjustments, but it worked very well behind his 149. I will roll his lawn and my grandpas and sisters before I bring it home. 840LB empty and 3000LB full of water. I think it will be perfect to flatten out my gravel driveway.

53818.jpg

Charlie/Hank,
Neat pictures of CC # 1. Thanks for sharing.
I notice on the shipping bill that it was sent out on my birthday. There must have been a mistake on the delivery address, since it was obviously intended as a present for me. Who do I contact about proper delivery?

David P,
SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed
Right, Chip S?

Shane P.,
Nice find on the tiller combo!

Give us just a little hint or three about how/what you made that AWESOME ROLLER out of!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan,
Looks like he cut the handle off one of my old beer steins and capped the end.
Shane,
How do you load it and what do you use to tie it down?
Charlie,
Think I'll have to pay storage fees?

Charlie, very cool photos that Hank sent ya, I sure hope he has some more on that!
happy.gif

Chris W., good photo of Ryan and Cyrus. Hard to tell for sure who's got the bigger smile but I'm going with Cyrus.
happy.gif

SHANE - Maybe it's just Me but I'd hook that roller to something heavier than a CC. Trying to stop 3000# with a 700-900# tractor which most of them have differential brakes (meaning only one wheel) could be hazardous to Your health!

I will say that at 3000# I bet it REALLY makes for a smooth yard! Something that size would give Me something to do with My Super H and M.

Bruce M.,
HaHa,,, good one!

Dennis F.,
What models are you including into that 700-900# weight range?

Funny you should mention that, because I was just wondering how much the 122-129 model Cubs weighed (without any attachments or driver). I was guessing the weight of the 122-129 models to be considerably more than that,,,maybe near the 1000# to 1200#s mark?

Not that I doubt your values, but do you know of an available chart/table located somewhere that provides the weight differences between various tractor models?
Now that I think about it, I think I've seen the weight of a few models in various posted sales brochures...(the stated weight may not of included tires or fluids though).

How about a similar table of the shipping weights of the attachments (various size snowblowers, mower decks, etc.)?
Thanks! Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Back