Archive through April 02, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt and Dennis...

About putting larger tires on... the main issues it seems will be the front. Yes I did measure clearence with the wheels turned and all that good stuff... i didnt check to see how much movement the deck itself can do so I might re check that. Is there a way to space the front further out and down? I can probably do some minor fabricating, not sure if someone has done that before?

I'm not too worried about chains... yeah I'd like to see if the atv tires will work in winter w/o chains but I'll always have the 23x8.5 turfs with chains that I alreads have. I think the chains I have on it were rated for up to 24x12 and with how loose it was on mine I wouldnt be surprised if they would fit the smaller end of the atv tires I was looking at like 25"x9".

With all this talk about putting 18x8.5x8 V61's on a tractor, no one has mentioned the biggest problem with it. The 18x8.5x8's , to the best of my knowledge, have been discontinued. If you can find them, please let me know because I would love a set for my 982. I do know the 16x6.5x8's are still available though.

AJ

John Charles; There were appr. 175 tornadoes in the united states from that storm system. I seen 5 that day. I worked for the power co and our first shift was 46 hours without rest. We then went on 16 hour days for 10 more days. Didn't get to use my cub cadets to clean up my tree damage for about three weeks.

that was a bad tornado day.I worked in a sears auto center that was a drive thru and we watched thru the doors of the one that went thru Louisville we were no more than 2 mile from it.

Tom H. - Thanks, I will keep trying. I just don't want to damage the knob.

When the tornado came thru Louisville 35 years ago, it left about a 15 mile long path of destruction from SW of I-65 to NE of I-264/I-71. When it crossed over I-71, it picked up multiple, vehicle size pieces of the northbound, asphalt emergency lane paving and dumped them in the median between the north and south bound lanes. I worked 3rd shift then, and slept thru it all and didn't know anything about it until my wife called and told me she couldn't get home because of the downed trees. The path of the tornado just missed the IH Plant where all the Cub Cadets were built as it crossed the NW corner of the airport and then took part of the roof off of Freedom Hall Coliseum at the Fair and Expo Center, as it first touched down. So if you have a Cub Cadet built the first part of April 1974, you are lucky, because it almost didn't get built.

correction: the F-5 in Xenia,oh. was a mile wide at the base and had wind speed of 318+ mph. lots of good comments! 71 has been helping with the new garden this year, lot of rock hauling for the landscape stuff an what not.dont think i'll finish the 72 this year,crown-vic tranns. gave out. going to re-paint the 42" ih push blade and run it with the 71. have a good day all!

i plan on using my 1200 just for tilling with a #2 tiller my question is should i remove the deck lift frame portion or leave it on it doesnt look like i would need it for the tiller?

how do i get the grill and screen out of my 71 as im tring to get my PTO off without taking off the front casting

Jeff B,

If you have the straight pulleys on the undercarrage it doesn't really matter. We ran Dad's 149 and tiller with the mule drive and undercarrage for the 42" mower. When we upgraded the our first 50A it had the angled pulleys, so we took the undercarrage off the mule drive we always used. My 1450 has always had a 44A deck and angled pulleys, so the tiller actually came with its own mule drive with straight pulleys. If you are only going to use the 1200 to till then I would go ahead and remove it....

Matt - The headlight plate holds the grill in, so just take that off and it should come right out.

Randy

Ryan M,
I was talking about the 190-389 Category "0" hitch lift bar.

I know the IH style uses a bent lift bar for the gear drives.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway. I went ahead and made it with the bend just to be safe.
Ken U told me it needed the bend to get the full range of motion.

cub steering
will the steering wheel off of a cub cadet 1250 fit onto the steering shaft splines of a john deere
318?

Hello....h e l l o....hmmm...must be broke...had to be Douglas asking about moldy leapin sheep
1a_scratchhead.gif

Maybe it's just me but I think that 1250 steering wheel is worth to much to use on one of those.
shame.gif

you are going to double the value of that green thing with a good steering wheel!

Question: I have wf's and nf's with 3 pt. hitches. The lift arms are straight where they run along the inside of the tractor frame from the rock shaft to the "top link". (the wf has a slight vertical angle). However, I traded for a 3 pt. hitch a while back and it has about a 1.5" HORIZONTAL offset on the front of the lift arm where it attaches to the rock shaft. Is this for an Original or something? I can't see how it would fit on any of my cubs. I'm trying to put it on my 105, but I just don't see it working. Thoughts?

Help needed. I have a model 1572 with a 433 rear pto.I hit a root with my tiller and broke the rear pulley housing (Part 29 in the part break down)mounting ears. I got a new housing but am having trouble removing pulley and shaft from housing. I have it removed from the tractor. The rear internal and external o-ring clips are removed but I still can't get the shaft out of the housing. The front double pulley pto shaft receiver look to be machined together with no access to the front o-ring. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back