Archive through April 02, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcampy

displayname
Robert Campy
I am mounting a DANCO RD 2000 on my 124. I located information in the archives and I need heavy duty spindels, they were not with the loader, any idea where I can locate a pair? What style,ply rating and size tire would you recommend? I currently have the stock rims with dry rotted tires.

Thanks
Bob

M. Reed, I will try to explain how to make a puller like a friend has. He lives in Tn. so I can't get dimensions for you but maybe I can explain how its done. Take a hollow steel tube with an inside diameter large enough to go over the pulley hub with the setscrews removed. Mark and drill the end of the steel tube to match the setscrew holes in the hub.You should be able to reinstall it on the hub and put short bolts into the setscrew holes. Weld a piece of steel on the other end of the tube, drill and tap a hole for a jackscrew probably 1/2" or larger will be fine. Install on crankshaft pulley, put bolts in both setscrew holes, not tight enough to touch crankshaft. The pulley should come off with no problem. If this is not clear enough Email me your phone # and I will call and try to explain it another way.

How do the V61's do in snow?

One other idea I had was to run lugs on the front and reverse them for traction. It might make for easier turning and better traction.

I am only planning to use this one for snow and dirt anyway. And to buy stuff I don't need for it...

Will a snow blade on angle clear a path wider than 23x10 tires?

Pete-

A 42" blade will barely clear a wider path than 10.50 tires. If you go with 26-12-12s you'll probably need a 54" blade.

Ok, I may be crazy but when I look at the picture of 723-3000 tie rod ends on the sponsor web sites it looks like they are solid on the end where as mine screw onto the spindle. Are my eyes decieving me.

Well the computer ate itself last week. Lost everything so far. Nothing like trying to remember everywhere you like on the web. Glad there is nothing computerised on a cub!

Another day another question, perhaps one day I will be able to be on the giving end of this info instead of always the receiving
whistling.gif

This one concerns the SG on my current project. Worked fine before I tore it apart but I wanted to give it a once over anyway. Everything looks to be in proper order but then again I'm not sure just what that would be. Anyone have some pics to share on the subject? The bearing in the rear feels pretty good, does catch a little at one spot. Other than that its just dirty on the inside. What should I use to clean that out? Elect. parts cleaner?

David C, Thats a idea I never came close to thinking of, Thanks.

M. Reed I wouldn't have come up with that idea myself. A friend let me look at his a couple years ago. When I build one for myself I am going to bore it just larger than the crank with a larger hole for the pulley hub.That way it will not be able to move more than a few thousands sideways.

Charles H.
Screw into your spindles?
I think we need pics of your setup.
Tie rods ends go through the spindle holes and are held on with nuts, and are not solid.
Got Pics?
beerchug.gif

Charlie.

I have had a couple of spindles where the hole the tie rod goes into braised shut, drilled out and threaded.
I did not do this, this is how I found them when I got my hands onto them.
So yes, the tie rod ends that Charles H have could well be threaded into the spindle bracket.
smile.gif

Charles H.

I went and looked at the photo of those tie rod ends and I think you need to get a stronger perscription, as apond a close look you can just make out the threads on the tie rod ends.
hide.gif

Houtz's site has better picture. And indeed I see that they are just like my old ones. Thanks for your input.

I see where the confusion lies. I should have said they screw onto the tie rod not spindle.

well the 125 is put away nice and dry. It is raining cats and dogs and no signs of letting up. On the Brit side the grass is greening up. It's time to get the RZT 42 cc home.
thumbsup_old.gif

having some trouble with a 1450 I recently replaced the wiring harness with new used one the tractor will not start on its own I have to jump the solenoid and it will start. I have a new ign switch and a new clutch switch. the harness looked correct, could it possible be the solenoid or ? On the same tractor with the hydro I tried to see if it would move but the hydro just whined I got it to move backwards about an inch but that was it. does it take a while for the pump to prime or do i have other issues. thanks josh

wow, i learn something new every day. on this day in 1974, the world's most powerful tornado made its way through xzenia,ohio. [spelling check please] it was a half-mile wide with winds at 300 mph.! a true F-5. talked with some folk who passed through there. have I-beam looking like a wine bottle opener, ect. 35 years ago today.

Michael Reed, download Delco-Remy Service Bulletin IMG-150. Dated 1/15/63. You can do this at the Delco-Remy web site. It will give you all the info you need - I hope. Good luck

Xenia, OH. It also dropped a few all across the midwest.

Josh D,

It sounds like your solenoid is working fine since it cranks the engine when you jump it. The problem is with the circuit that activiates the solenoid. First make sure your PTO clutch switch is in the off position or it won't complete the circuit. The circuit runs from the key switch to the safety switch on the brake pedal and then to the PTO clutch switch and then to the solenoid. Next remove the tunnel cover and check the operation of the safety switch on the brake pedal to see if it is being depressed when the brake pedal is depressed. A frequent problem with this switch is the spring clip breaking off that pushes the safety button in to complete the circuit. Next check the PTO switch connections to see if they are clean and not corroded. You may need a continuity test light to determine where the problem lies in not completing the circuit. Hope this helps.

Josh to add to what Ron said, those PTO switches are notorious for being intermittent. Try holding the start switch on and wiggle the PTO switch and see if your solenoid kicks in. I've had one that has been like that for years and I just know I have to move the PTO switch a little bit when I start the tractor. Once the tractor is running the PTO switch works normal. I call it my extra security to keep people from borrowing my tractor.

Does the knob on the shift lever of a creeper drive thread on or just push on. I can not get mine off.

jclazar - I also read that a sign from a store in Alabama was found in Ontario, Canada after those storms.

Latest posts

Back