• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC, there might be some errors in this chart but it can be helpful.

53661.jpg

Thanks Kraig! I appreciate it. I thouht there were some IH built 82 series. Wasn't sure tho. One thing I do know is IH didn't build the 782D disel, right?

Ryan W,

The F/R hydro lever and shaft are splined so if you can turn the hydro lever without turning the attaching shaft, the splines are likely stripped on your lever. Sounds like you have found and removed the set screw on the hydro lever.

As for getting the lever off, I had a tough time removing the lever on my ongoing 169 rebuild project. Finally disonnected the linkage back to the hydro unit and removed the lower support attachment bolts that support the shaft where it attaches to the frame. I then took a good steel bar punch and hammer and hammered downward on the lower end arm where it's welded to the shaft. The hydro lever was seated on the dash surface of the steering tower. The repeated impact force from the hammer finally allowed the shaft to start coming out of the handle. It took a while but I did get the handle off without damaging the dash plate nor the fiberglass dashboard. An impact hammer tool might work as well. Hope this helps.

Forum Police, Please look the other way for a moment....

Ppssst, Hey Guys,
Skip over onto EBay for a second & check out what looks to be an original "Spirit of '76" Cubbie.
It's Item # 230106770491

I'd say that baby would be a sweet addition to any Cub fans collection! Too Cool!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Forum Police, You may now resume your duties....
wink.gif

Ryan W.
Just so you and others will know.
talker.gif

There's not a thing wrong with throwin greedbay numbers on the forum as long as your not the one selling the item.
biggrin.gif

Dennis- I didn't see a thing
beerchug.gif

Kraig- Ya I thought about that one, there a hard plastic with a poly carb lens. I just kind of stuck them there to play the 'let see what happens game'. There mounted on magnets so there easily moved or removed, the magnets are rare earth so they should stay.

53666.jpg

53667.jpg

53668.jpg

Ron S.,
Thanks for sharing your F/R hydro lever removal technique!
thumbsup.gif

I was hoping not to have to go that 'deep' into the disassembly of the tractor just to remove the dang lever, but I'm quickly running out of options...
crazy.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Brian B.,
After seeing the front of your Cubbie, NOW I know where my BBQ cooking grate went!
wink.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Hey guys! Few questions.

My spring break is coming up and that is my week of the cub. I hope to get the tractor done but if i do have time i would like to start working on the tiller.

But i have only seen this on my tiller, Its the stickers. The top says international and the bottom says cadet. The metal is rusting really bad so i may have to blast it so idk if i can salvage em, but where can i find that same sticker set up?

Second. Ive been doing a few jobs here and there doing tractor work for neighbors and fixing stuff so i have some cash but not a whole lot for paint so im going to settle with rustolium(is that how its spelled? idk) But what is the closest color to the cub yellow that they have?

3. I found a guy that is going to upholster my seat for me. I have the original 125 seat and i have yet to see the pattern they put on it. I was thinking about going 3/4 white on the bottom and then the top blue. so just for kicks can someone send me a pic of the original seat?

And last question i talked to my local cud dealer and i was going to order all the stickers and they were confused. They made it seem like i had to order all the stickers individualy, is there a way i can just order all of them at once?

Thanks, Anthony

I recently purchased an IH Cub Cadet 100 with a front blade. I also purchased an alleged 3 pt hitch assembly. I'm new to the whole Cub Cadet thing and need some help. I have removed the blade. I'm hoping the lever used to lower and raise the front balde can also be used to lower and raise future rear attachments? Also, I cannot figure out how this hitch assembly is suppossed to work? Help please? I have attached a photo of the hitch. Thanks
53677.jpg

For anyone close to Kentucky there is a real nice 169 on Greedpay. 200091938928

Carol D:

First, welcome to the forum.
53681.jpg

Here is a picture of the rear end of a Cub 100. This shows the Upper Casting.

The "yoke" in your picture is not used on the 100.

53682.jpg

I have a problem with my 682. The KT-17 only starts & runs if I spray carb cleaner in. The fuel filter looks good. What should I look at next. All my other tractors are gravity feed.
Thanks,

Anthony

I think I know what sticker you are talking about on the back of the tiller as I have one laying around here I purchases a couple of years ago off e-bay, dont recall what I paid for it off hand, but I havent seen aonther one like it since.
My plan at the time was to get a good #2 or #1 IH trailer and use the decal on the rear endgate, but so far that paln is on hold.

As far as having to order all the decals seperate for your cub, I had to order the one for my old 102 seperatly as my dealer could not get them as a package deal any longer.

CD Long.

Will it stay running after it starts?

If so and if the fule pump is run off vacuume I would check the pump out for a cracked seal or diafram(sp).

CD:

The fuel pump on the KT's are lever action mechanical.

Starting at the tank, there is a inlet screen at the shut off valve. Next would be the fuel filter. Next is the fuel pump. Then to the float valve in the Carb.

Simply remove the hose going to carb and roll the motor over. Is gas spraying out the end of the hose...???

If you have fuel at the end of the hose, then he carb needs attention.

Latest posts

Back