• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Earl Ford,
The last IH built 82 series tractors were built in April 1981, and the last one was a 782 S/N 694248. IH never reached the 700,000 mark according the the monthly S/N records.

Dear RBedell: Thank you very much for the photo. So when you refer to the "yoke" I assume you mean the bracket thing on my hitch? Any info on my lever that raised the front blade being used to raise rear attachments? I apologize for being so ignorant but I'm just trying to understand my new little tractor. - CD

Carol,

Owning a couple model 100's myself, and recently going through some confusion maybe I can help.

To answer your question, yes the lever used to raise and lower your blade is also used to raise/lower any mowing deck or any rear implements...sort of.

To use any rear attachments you'll need the cub cadet 3 point accessory. Then, to use any sleeve hitch type attachments (plow/disc/etc) you'll need a sleeve hitch adapter to go on the tractor as well. The picture below from Roland shows a model 100 rear end with the 3-point accessory as well as a sleeve hitch adapter on it. Also, check out this picture:
53689.jpg

This should give you an idea of what you need. Good luck!
Brent

Does anyone over here have any info on the I.H. windbreaker??? Like any way to tell if there was a difference in WF-NF...Found a nice one with no top or back ...Kinda like what you used to see on the neighbors Farmall "M" years ago...
Thanx in advance for the info...

Also...Digger are you accepting door prizes for Plow Day ...Can't make it but would still like to help out......Thanx...Kurt
thumbsup_old.gif

Kurt,
I'll send both installation manuals for the windbreakers. Plus the 82 series.

And you betcha on the door prize thing.
THANKS
buttrock.gif

What is the best way to store these kohler motors and cub cadets for an extended period?

I am thinking of mothballing the 127 & 129 until I realy need them and would like to find the best way to store the cubs for use again someday, as I realy don't need them right now, it just my greed got in my way of need and I find myself with 5 cub cadet garden tractors and 1 mtd lawn mower.
I find that I can only operate one of these at any given time, and therefor am looking to park a couple for the time being until they are needed again.

Digger...Once again ...YOU DA MAN.....
That 82 series tractor looks TOUGH with the topless windbreaker on it....I will find out tomorrow which one it fits...Thanks again....Kurt

Lonny,
1. Throw a wheelbarrow over the hood and park it under a tree.
2. Throw one of those $6.00 blue tarps over it and store it under a tree.
3. Store it under a tree! Everybody else does! LOL
4. Lemme know when your not going to be home and I'll handle it forya.
5. OR, drain the gas out of the tank,carb and fuel bowl. Lightly spray the carb and inside the tank with WD40. Cover them up so they stay dry, but not tight enough to not let some air circulate. No air means condensation. And store'um way.
beerchug.gif

Lonny...The best way to store your Cubs is to send them to Northwest Indiana for safe keeping...
drool.gif

No Really...I think putting a good fuel stabilizer in and removing the battery, and covering it up good should be a good start....I mean how many times have we bought a used Cub that has been sitting out in the weather with no protection and it only needs a good carb kit and it's up and running???
Man Charlie beat me again.....
wedgie.gif

Kurt,

Your dad's old 582 is getting a work over before plow day......

New CI internal brake rear end with 19T second (faster than the stock 17T), rebuilt creeper, new rings and pistons in the Briggs, and a good tune up.

Ran into a few little hitches along the way (AL rear end is 1" shorter than a CI one, need to pull the drive shaft, cut it (right at an existing hole), then fill the old hole with weld so the ball bearing rides OK on the end....a nice weekend project!!!!!

Lonny,

Be careful, Kurt sells all of the good stuf he has in NW Indiana to Central IL guys!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back