• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 14, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
I was wondering how many were made,Because I found one that I am interested in buying.

Jochua, hmmmm I wish I knew the answer to that.

Myron, do you have production info for the 782D?

A neighbor of mine has a WH with a 12HP Kohler that he runs with the throttle wide open. He says the dealer told him to do so. I have always run my 129 and 149 at about half open or whatever I needed for the job. I can find nothing in the manuals that say to run them wide open constantly. Any of you experts care to comment? Thanks!!

David, running the tractor at full throttle is mentioned in the implement manuals not the tractor manuals. Here's an excerpt from a mower manual:

34368.jpg

Hmmmm, it says this in the manual for the 800 through 1650:

34370.jpg

Dave G

Also, the Air cooled engine is designed to operate under load at the full throttle setting, which will help insure proper cooling and prevent lugging.... JMO...

The Operator's Manual for the 86 through 169 has the same text as what I posted from the 800 through 1650 Operator's Manual.

Kraig -

I think it's also mentioned in the much-maligned Operator Manuals.

Edit - dang you're too fast this morning!

Bryan, I couldn't find it in the 1x2/3 or 1x4/5 Operator's Manual. The Op. Manual for the QAxx snowthrower has this:

34372.jpg

Kraig -

Of course it wouldn't be in an Operator Manual for such lesser models
roflol.gif

Bryan, please note that from the 86-169 series on the Mower Deck Manual was combined into the tractor Operator's Manual...... one can only deduce from this that they were relegated to lawn tractor status. :eek:p

*SNORT* Good one, Kraig!
lol.gif

<font size="-2">obviously he's been hittin' the green Old Style a might early today...</font>

Made a mod. to the 1250 this afternoon---
should get more travel out of the lift.
34382.jpg

34383.jpg

Blow her out with a little air and she's ready for amother season of mowing.

After I connect the hydraulic cylinder back up!

34386.jpg

Geee..... The last time We had the "Full throttle" discussion here Kentucky Ken was still a regular poster....

Does anyone have some advice on what type of body filler to use on a deck to fill in the rust spots.It will be a working tractor,I don't want to take an unecessary risk of the filler coming loose. This will be my first deck rebuild & paint job. TIA.

David C.
I've heard of guys using fiberglass, but it never stays. Vibration always knocks it loose.
Your better off welding up the spots in the deck if your gonna keep it for a long time.
Sometimes it's better and easier to get another deck depending on how bad yours is.
Got Pics?

David C.- JB Weld, body filler, fiberglass resin, bed liner, etc. I think we've tried most of them. A key is proper prep. work so whatever you use sticks. If there are no holes, I like to clean up and then use something which prevents further rusting. This, of course, is on a working deck. IMHO, FWIW

You're fast, Charlie.
happy.gif
Usually I just lurk but today I gambled and posted. (Bed liner on a rusty WORKING deck.)
34389.jpg

(Message edited by dschmidt on March 17, 2006)

Latest posts

Back