• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes,
Nope won't be making PD this spring. I haven't had a chance to put "Ol' Blue" in the dirt yet. We have a huge black dirt stock pile that I want to play on.

First, Wyatt. Glad to see you posting again. Man we've missed you!
Second, Melon Farmer... I'll enjoy that somehow!

Third, Digger. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water. Another e-mail no less.

Keep the shiny side up!

Mike, The other MF

Bobby B,
Open the hood, remove the black hood support it has 2 bolts, one on each side.
Look under the dash and see if the lift valve is stuck or you have something broke.
If you see rust, grab some PB Blaster or Kroil and spray it down good and let it set over night.
Spray it again and then start wigglin the handle and see if it breaks loose.
If it doesn't, then remove the gas tank and get in there and clean things up.
BE READY TO USE FOUL LANGUAGE while your workin under there!
biggrin.gif

Digger, you are a true cub cadet fan. You want me to bring my 125 over the FMZ...

happy.gif

This is a little OT but still relates so here goes.
Someone look at these pics and tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong with my fancy new scanner to get the pics to turn out better.
CLICK HERE

Or is this as good as it gets?
I tried making the scans to fit the page,but that was really grainy.

Oh My God! You guys have GOT to see Mike M's Original!!!

Holy
censored.gif
the Master has struck again!

Mike has once again shown he is the master of a craft.

Rick "M",
I saw it a few weeks ago <u>before</u> it was done, and it was awsome! Atta' way Mike!
thumbsup.gif
Didja' get any pix??

Steve "B",
Did you see this on epay 77229623850?

Charlie,

Up the DPI setting and make any size reductions during the initial scan, not with software afterwards.

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a shot.

Tom, you got one to many 7's in that number.

Oh yea, before I forget it.
Anyone heard of anyone having some Cub weights made up in Dubuque, Iowa lately?

(Message edited by cproctor on April 01, 2006)

Charlie-
Having just been from the area, there's only two places that can do it, unless they're making them out of brass or aluminum.

I had all (thirty pair?) mine done in Cedar Falls.

Spent part of the day with the Cub fleet.

782 has fresh oil and is weighted and rearin' to pull it's 12" plow.

100 lost it's Haban tag-along (Chris E. is the new owner of my 402E), got an oil change and is weighted up for Steven III to try some closely monitored/supervised plowing with a 10". (He has proven that he isn't quite mature enough yet to resist slamming the hydro lever WOT on the 782 or 149, so the 100 locked in 1st or 2nd should be a good deal for him...besides it needs to be pulled good after doing piddly show duty for a couple years).

Of course you can't show up to PD with a dirty tractor, so Mr. Turtle Wax worked his magic on the 782 and 100 late this afternoon.....slippery!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Topped it off with a nice set of Husky mold-to-fit splash guards on the truck and a relocated flood light on the trailer hooked to the aux. circuit for use as a loading light.

Pretty good day!!!!

Wyatt,

Good to see you around again!!!!

Charlie,
Yup,
I've heard of weight being made up in Iowa. Whatcha' need?

Charlie, Our scanner has an option for "DeMoire Pattern". That would take care of the problem you have in the pictures.
John

I'll second what Tom and Rick have said. Mike has done, one heck of a job on the Original. Sure does look really nice. No picture will do it justice.

Getting the tractors ready this weekend for some plowing. The original is all set, the 1650 is going to get the turfs taken off and lug tires put on, then I gotta get weight on both of them. Got a couple lights to fix on the trailer and repack the bearings. Get things loaded up and ready to head out on Friday morning.

(Message edited by kduffy on April 01, 2006)

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF RESTORING OUR OLD CUB CADET,I BELIEVE ITS A 60'S VINTAGE,WE HAVE CHECKED THE FRAME OVER ALONG WITH THE REAREND AS EVERYTHING IS SANDBLASTED AND IN BARE METAL NOW,WE HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ELSE TO LOOK,YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED,THANKS

john g,
To fix them QL motor mounts, use some 1 to 1 1/4 round stock approx 1/2 inch + thichness of the motor mount, machine a small lip (the thickness of the motor mount), as to fit in the mount,drill 3/8 hole in the center, add some washers, and you will never need to fix them again. The rag joints on the drive shafts will thank you. In the cases I've seen the oil pan leaks and ruins the rubber mounts over time.BTW I picked up a very nice 1200, with a creeper and tiller, because the guy kept braking the driveshaft, he spent $4000.00 on a J.D.....To bad for him

Back