• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
(Message edited by dfrisk on March 28, 2006) Hmmm Duplicate post compliments of the archive bug!

(Message edited by dfrisk on March 28, 2006)

I think (it's been a while since I worked on it) that my 129 has the style shown in the inset in the 149 diagram.. I think that part 16 is split, has a bolt through it and that's what you adjust for friction ( I know there's something like that....). I always thought that the major issue in slowing down on a grade was weak trunnion springs and that their major function was as a cushion, both to smooth out some of the back pressure from the swash plate through the trunnion and to remove some of the "jerkiness" when you moved the shift lever..(shim those suckers solid and you'll know what I mean about jerky). I know that on WOT, if the friction adjustment is too loose, you'll be moving at full ground speed shortly, with the shifter up full against the stop if you don't hang on to it.. It does look like the older design - if I read the print right- has a better friction setup.

KG Ide -

The 2 #21's provide for the friction - they're bellville washers (cupped, springy washers) - the concave sides face eachother - tighten things up and they provide more pressure (and thus friction).

Yeah, Dennis...I sure didn't watch that at 0200 show (zzzzzz), but the local TSC is having their Test Drive Day this coming Saturday, the 1st. The Store Manager has asked me to bring several of my IH models for the event (to show, not drive). If the weather cooperates, I plan to be there with the showdog Original, the SO76, & the NOS 982.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

(Message edited by mbounds on March 28, 2006)

Bryan - had me going for a second (I remember damn near every belleville washer I've ever had to deal with - them and circlips...) Went out and peeked at the 129 and then checked the illustration in TC-157-F .. My 129 is above 425999 (actually 468740, April '73), but has the parts listed as used on equipment below that number. Not sure why the inconsistency, as I haven't changed it and PO wasn't a mechanical type..
dunno.gif
It actually uses a split mounting bracket and a "friction bushing". Friction is adjusted by tightening the nyloc nut on the 8/32 bolt. This was one of the first adjustments I learned, as I got tired of the "WOT runaway syndrome". I think I've only had to adjust it a couple of times in 21 years.
34600.jpg

Charlie:
Back to Hydros and the picks you posted the other day. I'm corn-fused. Is the linkage of the 147 the same as the linkage of the 127?
--Ray

Ray, yes the 127 and 147 are the same! Charlie just posted the wrong photo, he posted the 123 parts drawing twice. The 1x5 version is the same as the 123 except for the control lever.

Sorry Charlie! Hmmmm somethings fishy with the drawing of the 127 hydro control you posted.
happy.gif

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 28, 2006)

Hydro levers....

Say what you want guys, but it's all in how you adjust them. I just got it from rolling the yard with my 149 (old style clamp) and it would keep a nice constant speed pulling a 500# roller all over the yard (not completely flat).

I've seen 123's that were all over the place too.

Worst is the early QL linkage with the bent rods instead of the ball joints under the dash.....4" of "N" and 1" of FWD and REV at the ends...that one is bad........otherwise it's all in how you clean and adjust them.

BTW, I'd rather adjust the linkage on a 149 with a REMOVEABLE FRAME COVER once a year, than I would deal with a $%#%%^%#@$^%*&^&^$ narrow frame hydro.

It is my considdered opion the reason that narrow frame tractors are harder to work on than the wide frame modles is because the narrow frame modles where better built and needed less maintance than the wide frame modles.

Let the
bazooka.gif
war.gif
fence.gif
begin. I am ducking for cover.

Lonny -

To quote the Rev...

Opinions are like a**holes - everyone has one and they all stink
lol.gif

Dennis Frisk,

If you're anyway near Appleton during the test drive period, there is a new TSC store there. If I remember right, it is east of the 441 bypass on the north side of highway KK (Calumet Street).
JimE

Jim E. -

Poor Dan H. He thought he had peace and quiet but things are slowly encroaching east on KK...

OK gents -- Here is what I believe I know --

1. Get a picture taken of you and your Original with grass coming out of the Original's chute -- a printed picture.

2. Make a pencil rubbing of the serial number, or take a clear photo of the serial number.

3. Send said photos and or photo and rubbing along with Name and Address, Phone Number and Email Address. between April 1 and May 31, 2006 to:
Dan Lamb
Cub Cadet
P.O. Box 368023
Cleveland, Ohio 44136

4. Agree that MTD can use your name and image in their marketing materials, both printed, broadcast, and online.

And Dan will send you a free metal sign like this one, which looks to be about 10 x 20 inches or so.

34612.jpg

There you go.

JIM E. - Thanks for the heads-up on TSC in Appleton! I do have an excuse to get up that way in the next week or two. I remember the "OLD DAYS" when Dad would visit TCS back in the 60's. And TSC would mail out catalogs every couple months like J.C.Whitney with real live tractor parts advertised in them.
BRYAN - If it wasn't so Great to live up in "The Valley" Dan COULD have peace & quiet!
HANK - Great Offer..... But I'm not sure Dad's early CC would make good "Promotional Material" It's a little "Rough Around the Edges" compared to tractors like Wm. DeTurck's.

Denny -

True enough!

Hank -

I see that MTD hasn't begged for mercy from the rightsholders of the Original logos - they musta really P'd them off...
wink.gif

Bryan -- the thing that is interesting to me is that the Int. Cub and Lo-Boys (parts anyway) were included in that original sale to MTD because they were at the time part of power lawn products. But I guess they didn't get IH or International. And then did they hand the Int Cub parts back later?

It gets stranger too as Dresser bought International, Hough, and Payloader trademarks but not IH. I believe Navistar later sued to regain International from Dressta -- but somehow Tenneco had rights to it also. And now who knows with CNH who owns what. It kind of makes me chuckle.

I don't have all of the pieces by any means, but it is interesting to see how amicable deals become contentious down the road over stuff that hardly seems worth fighting over.

OK back to writing seemingly endless picture captions.

Kraig, Charlie:
Thanks for the information on the Hydro levers. Great discussion! <font size="-2">Now that I'm a proud--sigh--owner of a Hydro, I have to pay attention.
n00b.gif
</font>

Ray, your 147 is not just a hydro it's a slant grill hydro!
happy.gif

a couple of questions from a rookie cubber.first,anybody got a wiring diagram for a 1650? i've got no spark but i found a broken wire without a home.second,is a 147 a rare find or is a less desireable tractor? grateful for any help, bob.

Back