Archive through March 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhasson

displayname
Nick Hasson
Todd H., I had to disassemble the rear and tranny and clean everything because it sat for three or four years without moving and had some rust in there. Nick

Todd, and besides, a fast reverse is neat, but is really hard to get used to that shifting pattern. Nick

Nick, LOL! I had my "moment",(one of my many) when I redid my 128. I went to fire it off, started on the 3rd revolution but was breaking up off idle. After checking and rechecking timing, carb settings, and gov and some beverages, followed by some words. I went in the house and checked the wiring diagram. I felt pretty low, when I found that I had the condensor wired to the wrong side of the coil! That was an easy fix, but I had thought the worst after having the engine apart. Switched the wire, runs like a champ.

Can ya snap a few shots of her rear when you take her apart? It seems I have seen the rear cover off every hydro, but few gear drives. The cover on mine has never been off, just curious!

Nick, You need a back blade! You could push snow like crazy in reverse. Hard on the neck though!

Todd H.
"Can ya snap a few shots of the rear when you take her apart?"

Gettin a little personal ain't ya?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Does anyone pull logs with their cadets like we do in Idaho?. Not much plowing here.

Wayne..
Not a log, per se.. huge rail tie/retaining wall timber on a boy scout eagle project. That's tax deduction #3 driving...
115866.jpg

Richard C,
regarding solution #6,
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

thanks dennis i'm going to get another 782 this am i will have to to make one good one bothe are red ones i'm gonna be bissy in the grage this afternoon hope to get one going today

I'm going to take it back apart tonight after work. I'll take some pics to show everybody how not to put THE rear together. LOL, Nick

Richard -- Thanks for your post, I understood how/what needed to be done. I just wasn't sure where the best place to get the mounts from.

I'm hoping to atleast pull the motor this weekend and see what shape all of the current mounts are in and pick up a piece of steel to make the cross member with.

Thanks again for all the help!

Matt- thanks for the info. the motor is a NOS. Guy said he pulled it out of the box when he bought it and put it on the shelf. I am excited about getting my Cub running again. Been too long.
Also got the missing part for my manual lift. Silly question, is this set up stong enough to lift a plow? Or am I gonna need the helper spring

Ryan, "I dropped a K301 in my 71. Plows like a monster..."

That's why we were calling you "Flyin' Ryan" at PD4.

115872.jpg

Thomas F.-

I'd get a spring assist if I were you. That plow gets pretty heavy when you have to raise and lower it a few times.

Here are a couple of my tractors out playing in the snow this winter. But I am ready to put the mower decks and tillers on. The first one is the one that started it all it is a 70 and I got it as a basket case about 15 years ago and restored it as a 4-H project. The second one is my latest "keeper" it is a 1650, I cant wait to put the Brinley plow on it This spring.
115877.jpg

115878.jpg

good mornin guys,i have a question.redoin the steering column on the "O" there is a couple places where battery acid had leaked down over the column.should those areas be neutralized somehow?or is ok to take it down to bare metal then prime and paint?thanks in advance.

Lucas, cant hurt to mix some baking powder and hot water together and wash down the affected areas. Acids have a nasty habit of never really drying out, so 15 minutes extra cant hurt to neutralize possible problem spots. JMHO

Latest posts

Back