• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Frisk
You won`t believe what I did. I was not happy with the relief valves, so i remeoved them both as one leaked out the top and did not seem to be right. So I took the valves today and put one back and another used valve ( not and auto) and started the tractor I had rev but no forward.
stupid.gif
bash.gif
. After supper I see that the right replacement(none auto) is stuck down. Now I have answered my question. Left vavle is rev and right is forward. Thanks
( I might have had a senior moment)

Hey Charlie,
Do you know what may be causin my 124's sudden shutoff issue? It has the original coil on it, but i replaced the plug and condenser, and cleaned the points up. Could it be the coil, or just a bad plug? You seem to be a Cub expert, so i figured i'd ask you bout this. I want to fix this for good! Thanks!

Tim D.
I think you have me confused with someone that really knows something!
clappy.gif

Years ago I asked that same question and got this answer,
"Change the coil dumba$$"
biggrin.gif

It worked for me, but there's several things that would/could cause that IMHO.

Bad/weak ground,plug,condenser,switch,valve, VR getting hot, you know, all the usual things that relate to crabby Cubs that make us do this.
1a_scratchhead.gif

That's my story and I'm stickin to it, since I'm not there to watch it die like you are.

6 Schaefers in and I still have no options, the motor just won't fit in, hanging up on the output drive and the drive shaft. Any tricks?

Brain M.
Take a couple pics and lets see if we can figure out what you or the Schaefers are doing wrong.
You do have the front grill casting off don't you?

He probably shouldn't be operating a camera in his current state

I'm only on Dr. Pepper #4 ... besides they wont let me leave the state so I have to type in this state.

Tim D -
If it's a quick shut down I'd check wiring for a broke wire inside the insulation or rubbing and grounding out. Second would be ignition switch.

If it runs for sometime then decided to quit it could be a bad coil as it heats up it would open a short, or a fuel problem if it slowly dies.

Brian: I've been trying to imagine what your problem is. Nope, can't do it. Seems to me that if you set that engine in about an inch ahead of where it is supposed to go it should slide right back onto the driveshaft. Did you have the driveshaft off while you were rebuilding the engine? It shouldn't have to "give to the rear".
1a_scratchhead.gif

Time to switch to Busch?
beerchug.gif

I am looking at a 149 with a possible bad motor, I know my k301 will fit but is the 12hp enough for the 149 hydraulics??

Back