• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys-

I need the p/n for the Moog rubber bushings that some use to replace ISO mounts. I have four good IH bushings for the bottom and want to try the Moogs on the top. I have searched and found a couple of the modification sites but can't remember where I saw the Moog part number.

Thanks to any and all...Wayne

Wayne:
Have you read Cubfaq 23? There are pros and cons to using the MOOG kit per that FAQ (the kit is spec'd at the end of the faq..)

Kraig - I gotta start typing faster...
clappy.gif
draw.gif

hello

just purchased a cub cadet (actually a 2nd one) but i have no clue as to what this one is

186481.jpg

i think its a 70 or an original

186482.jpg

but as you can tell its quite rough

186483.jpg

186484.jpg

186485.jpg

any ideas??

thanks

Chris:
Welcome to the forum!...lots of information is available in the FAQs (link above) and Charlie's Cubfaqs. You should be able to locate the serial number from info here...
thumbsup.gif

Chris R.,
That's an Original - the 70/100 and newer had the frame rails on the outside of the transmission, while on the Original the frame stop just forward of the transmission. I see that one has the optional wood seat.
clappy.gif

Chris, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
That would be a portion of an Original. Interesting front lift, looks like it was borrowed from an old farm implement.

KENDELL - Yep, That's them! (mental note to self.....ADEL Clips)

Place I used to work at we used LOTS and LOTS of wiring, filled up a 4" square 304 SS Hoffman wireway with all kinds of cables. Some cables were shielded, most not. Hardest part was keeping customers from power washing a NEMA 4X electrical enclosure with 460V 3-phase inside without the door properly latched.

Thanks Kraig-

I went through the cubfaqs, I thought, and didn't see it but that's the exact one I was looking for. I'm aware of the pros and cons but don't really see any problem on using the Moog as the upper for a worker. I understand they're too firm to use as the lower but then there are solid mounts available too.

Thanks again...Wayne

Kraig:
Chris's blade lift looks to be from a late 60's Sears Suburban .... That seat looks like what they'd use to ride ya outa town....

Dennis:
My uncle was superintendent of a power plant.. would you believe that a slug an electrician knocked out in a 3 phase panel dropped power to a large portion of a major city, including a GM plant?? He had a big headache on that one.

Getting warm where we are, may take a bike trip to my favorite Cub boneyard to see if I can get some new pics for our entertainment. If I could get inside, I'd probably spend all day...

Latest posts

Back