• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njohn

displayname
Nick John
I purchased a 682 at the Florida Flywheelers last week. It had a 16HP Briggs M#303447. Drive shaft was jury rigged off center causing major vibe at engine. I know this came with a Kohler KT17 which I have a good one. Does anyone know what Cub used the Briggs. It says Cub Cadet on air cleaner. I know how to reconfigure drive shaft for the Kohler. Does anyone know what adapter looked like for Briggs to Driveshaft coupler.

Hardware re-plating....
Are any of you fellas into re-plating fasteners etc?
Really hoping someone has this setup and could re-plate some "IH" logo lug bolts for me next time they do a bunch.

Jeremiah,

If you are not worried about the switch, couldn't you just connect the two wires and forget the switch?
If you don't find one, I can look and see if I have one. If I do, you can have it.

David S,

Google: chrome plating near Earlville, IN. You should be able to find someone that does it.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 121
Marty, "override safety PTO engagement"
draw.gif

err.gif

Can't Wait to see that 100,
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 131
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 132
  • draw.gif
    draw.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 135
Jason,

Kinda like starting a cub in gear, you won't do it but a few times!
err.gif

The 100? I can't wait to finish it!
I have to keep telling myself: patience, patience, patience, don't get in a hurry and mess it up!
I want it to turn out nice like the other ones I have done.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 130
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 132
Jason W. I like the paint scheme on your Cub Cadet.
313163.gif

Attachments

• 313163.gif
    313163.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 313163.gif
    313163.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 130
"Like the Others"
drool.gif

313166.jpg

popcorn1.gif

Attachments

• popcorn1.gif
    popcorn1.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 313166.jpg
    313166.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 140
  • drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 313166.jpg
    313166.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 130
Nick J., no need to post your question again so soon. I responded partially to your first post. The way this forum works is a continuous thread that archives after 30 posts. Click, HERE to see my response.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
Nick J., from the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup, (the link is also at the top of the page) if you wish to lookup more parts.

313168.jpg

Attachments

• 313168.jpg
    313168.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 313168.jpg
    313168.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 146
Dave,
I think Matt G. did some replating and had a writeup on it maybe on his webpage? I'll have to try and find it.......

Under edit: I found his webpage. Hope it's ok to post here...

Matt's Website

Davis S, Mr.Martin Miller had done some, and I purchased them. I wish I had purchased a lot more!! Keep that in mind my friend!

Marty, Jason, the thought of jumping the switch out has occurred to me, and I'll probably do it as an aid to trouble-shooting my starting system, at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    215 bytes · Views: 138
Jeremiah-

Like Marty says, just jump it and forget it. I've made many jumpers just for these switches. A 4" piece of 14 ga wire and two spade terminals is all it takes. This way should you ever change your mind the OEM terminals are still intact and ready to plug back into the switch.

John, Is Mr. Miller on here at all?
Maybe he will see my inquiry.
I have the bolts all cleaned up, I suppose I could just paint 'em or get some of those chrome covers and snap on 'em.

I have read thru Matt's article on that but have no idea where to procure some of the mat'ls needed. Would no doubt be cost prohibitive for just a hand full of bolts as most were OEM painted I think.

David S, Honestly, I don't know if he's posted lately. I know he is a avid IH Cub Cadet restorer, and a very nice person to help out with these garden tractors. Recall the Spring 2014 edition of Cadet Connection Magazine, where his two awesome, restored Originals are featured. I think at one time, Martin had like a whole 5 gallon bucket full of newly cleaned and plated hardware.

Come to think of it, I might recall Matt G cleaning and zinc plating IH/WP hardware as well.

Nick J. You could also search for pics of a 782, it would have the kt17 too. I think the only difference was manual or hydraulic lift?

Wayne if you "jump it and forget it" you might forget you jumped it,,,
1a_scratchhead.gif
err.gif

Diagnosis absolutely,, but for those of us who are mechanically inept and unfamiliar with anything tractor, I myself wouldn't do a permanent jump!
happy.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 143
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 128
Jason,

Like I said earlier, you won't do it but a few times!
biggrin.gif

Jeremiah,

An automotive fuse will slide up into those terminals, if you have the "spade" type terminals.

313173.jpg

Attachments

• 313173.jpg
    313173.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 125
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 136
  • 313173.jpg
    313173.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts