• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan, the model 100 does not have quick attach, they are bolted on. But my subframe is made for either on a narrow frame. This subframe would go right into any NF quick attach. I don't suggest doing exactly what was done on the other subframe. You would be better off reversing the pins and rewelding them. Think about how having a loose pin/bolt for lateral movement will affect the quick attach latch. Even though that threaded rod isn't great, it won't allow lateral twist as your using the blade.

The subframe on my 100 is 11.625" wide, outside to outside. From the S bend up is about 6"
Pin sticks inside 1.5"

Other subframe is 10.625" wide and S bend up is about 4.5"
Ethan, you may need to find another subframe. Or if you're handy at fabrication, make your own. You did say you wanted summer projects...

Next time I'm at Dad's I'll measure the blade on his 1450, that is indeed a wide frame subframe.

David S. At work we'll use a flat putty knife and gently pry on the rivet. If the top breaks you'll need a drill bit. Some styles of rivets are a spirol type.

Earl maybe the easiest way to solve this "noddle scratcha" is to just bite the bullet and move up time table and buy me a wide frame then I could kill to birds so to speak and for the summer projects I do have some in mind I call them campin and fishin LOL

Were there ever any applications where Cub Cadet had valve stems on the inside of the rim?

My guess is the rims with the valve stems on the inside were made for other brands of GTs.

Picked up another cub yesterday. Had to buy the whole thing to get what I wanted.

Not pictured: A mowing deck in good shape along with the mule drive.

313578.jpg

Gotta put this back together to go back on the 124.

313579.jpg

313580.jpg

What I wanted.

This:

313581.jpg

And this:

313582.jpg

Attachments

• 313578.jpg
    313578.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 108
  • 313579.jpg
    313579.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 313580.jpg
    313580.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 313581.jpg
    313581.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 313582.jpg
    313582.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 313578.jpg
    313578.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 112
  • 313579.jpg
    313579.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 313580.jpg
    313580.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 313581.jpg
    313581.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 313582.jpg
    313582.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 107
Marty, spring assist and hydraulic lift! Man, nice 124!
Ethan, well, you said it! Too bad you're not in the Midwest... I do have a 1450 chassis... But really, there does seem to be more of an abundance of cubs here. Keep your eyes open, I'm sure you'll find a nice one!

Oh, those wheels look like Sears suburban wheels, if they're 9.5 wide tires on your 124

Earl-it does seem to me that Cubs are a rare Breed here in New England maybe some other closer to me may disagree there are a few wide frames for sale on C/L in this area I've had my eye on a149 the price seems right but due to the odd weather here I haven't been able to get outside to make my side tractor money,and my favorite wide frame (1650) is on C/L as well but it seems rather steep in price to me for the condition it's in.Maybe I used up my cub luck on my 125 steel

I loaded up my truck and trailer last fall with Cubs and parts for very little $$. I feel the same when searching. Can be a tough road, but at the end you'll find what you want! I would like to collect the quiet line series, someday. Seems I have better luck collecting 1450's! I got my first one dad has commandeered, then mine with quite a bit of attachments, and finally the chassis in the load last fall. I've almost bought 2 more 1450's recently btw, 1650's are quite the catch I believe, as far as quiet lines are concerned. Keep your eyes peeled Ethan for a deal you can live with, I'm sure you'll find it!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 109
You know Ethan, maybe you can talk the family into a vacation destination that includes seeing and/or buying a Cub Cadet...
whistling.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 109
Back