• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, I'm perplexed. That's not a factory rear end, looks more like a car differential. A side shifter? Do you have more pics of the underside? I think it's partially an original, but only in some of the parts used. Very intriguing.

Matt, not sure what to make of that tractor.
1a_scratchhead.gif
It shares some characteristics with an Original but it's different in a bunch of ways as well. The dash is close but not the same, the frame is close but not the same. It's definitely a puzzler.
dunno.gif
Compare it next to my Original:

321160.jpg

321161.jpg

321162.jpg

321163.jpg

Steve, the shed addition is looking good. I agree it's HOT out today! Almost makes me wish for this:

321165.jpg

Matt, do you have a close up of what appears to be a serial number plate?

321167.jpg

Kraig, lol.
I'd also like to see if he has a pic of the back end. So close and yet so far! That serial number plate may answer some questions, but will it also create new ones?

Kraig - I sure don't, that was the only two pics of it and I didn't even realize the SN# plate till I looked at the pictures. I do however know who the guy is that got it, and will probably see it again in Sept at the local antique tractor show/pull in Temple. It's been suggested else where that that is an AMC gearbox/diff that was used on the 58-59 prototypes. Don't know how the hell it ended up in Texas if that was the case.

Matt, it doesn't look anything like any of the prototypes that I have seen photos of.

Kraig - It's a puzzler. I'll let ya know if I find out anything more about it. Might take a drive tomorrow, get a better look.

Has anyone ever put a disc brake rear end in a 122 Cub Cadet I got one out of a 108 Cub Cadet.

Latest posts

Back