• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbodin

displayname
Nate Bodin
A person called me and said they had factory power steering on a 982 and were looking for seals for the cylinder. I figured someone did the common 1872 upgrade to it. Then I had him send pics. This is what he has. Power assist steering. Anyone know where to get seals for this oddball ????
321137.jpg

321138.jpg

Dave, hope its just an adjustment issue,
If not, the fly weights have blown off, and that really sucks,coz that means a complete disassemble.
bash.gif

Mick, it's a used engine I picked up from a fellow n Osky last year.
Had a new piston and is clean as could be inside when I opened it up before installation.
Really annoying

Caleb overhauled a 12 hp about a month ago.
Tore it clear down and reassembled it and we didn’t bother check the governor.
Reassembled it and fired it up and it ran wild.
Another lesson learned.
I had a 10 hp i overhauled,ran good for a while and it started running off. Gear went bad,
bottom.gif

If you open the crankcase, replace the governor.......first part in......first part to fail......

Anyone know anything about this?

321147.png

Missed on a nice 1 owner 682 today, sold for more than I could afford. But I snagged a flat with two #26 carbs, mechanical fuel pumps and grenade gears and other Kohler misc. This heat is getting to me though, not sure how much more outside I should do today, I swear I drank 3 gallons of water already.

Got some cub seat time this morning.
Cultivated the garden before it got too hot.
No pics, it's too hot for that!
cool.gif

Saw this at an auction. Looks like an original but the gear box is different, chain drive instead of belt, grill frame is different and no starter, has a pull start pulley out front

Nate, I do have that setup on my 982. The seal is some kind of pressed in unit and not accessible to my knowledge. I tried to take mine apart long ago as it seeps a bit of fluid on the floor. It's a real oddball cylinder for sure. No one could find parts or that seal inside the cylinder.
Sorry for the bad news. If you find out something to the contrary let me know. I'd still like to stop that annoying little drip on mine years later

Matt M., WOW Long time since you last posted!
WELCOME.gif
BACK.
happy.gif
Last I remember you were installing a 14hp in a narrow frame along with hydraulics. I believe that was around 2002.
icon_eek.gif
That's an interesting tractor. Do you have any higher resolution photos of it?

Thanks Digger and Kevin. I will send along the word to him, and if I hear that he got it repaired I will let you know.
Thanks Nate

Kraig- Yeah, it's bin awhile. Bought a 32hp 4WD yanmar/cub for the day to day and a cub ZTR for the grass, so the ol narrow frames have be neglected as of late (15 years), but I've always got my eye out for something unique.

Cub barn is expanding......but had to knock off early today due to the heat....yikes, it's hot out there!!!!

Extra 10'x20' to go along with the original 12'x20' and the last addition, 6'x20'....

321158.jpg

That's a Clinton engine with a reduction drive on the back. I had one of those years ago. Interesting

Earl- So what's the story on it? Pre-Original? Off shoot?

Steve - Nice!!!

Back