• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Richard Walker, Jr.

you really need to work that tractor to find out where the carb needs to be set. things change under a load on the Cub .

James Krupar

( The third picture is of a PO fix ) I see an extension to the lift bracket and I`am not sure what that is for other than creat more lift for a blade or snow thrower.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have a 149 and I know you will like that tractor. I used mine more than any other Cub . Then I bought my 1512 diesel and it does all the 149 will do for less fuel(gas) lol
Please tell me more about that bracket in your third picture
1a_scratchhead.gif

Poor old 129:
259812.jpg

I sold this tractor to a friend about 5 mowing seasons ago. Today he drove into a hole and broke the right hand steering spindle. Luckily, I had a spare. Ever price a new one? Wow!
happy.gif

Marty G., all vehicles from the 50's and 60's & early 70's used a 6 volt coil. Some designs like GM used an internal resistor. Other designs like Ford or Chrysler used an external resistor. Fords used a resistance wire to the coil and Chrysler used a block style resistance unit.

Point is, they were all only capable of handling 6 volts until electronic ignitions came on the scene. HTH's..

Okay guys . . . just checked and manual hydro relief buttons are up, tomorrow AM will check other tips and post it up here.

This is a terrible time to have to work on a Cub . . I just cleared out my 24 x 24 shed and am waiting for a cement man to put a slab in for me.

All my junk is outside in the sun and tools are buried . . .

Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor)

cement v. concrete . . . huh?

what am I missing?

wrong word used?

maybe I should say: "that hard grey stuff you can jack cars up on?"
rofl.gif

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

Post edited by MOD to correct links.

James,
Charlie's bustin' on ya... everyone gets busted on... you're an official member now...
WELCOME.gif

concrete includes cement, sand, and aggregate

cement alone isn't very strong...

Everyone!!!

Got my 149 going!!! It was the roll pin from the shaft to rear of engine.

I had nothing except a cotter pin to check it out . .

What size roll pin should I get to put in there.

Oh, and I was a member here forever, don't know what happened, my computer crashed, lost password, etc. . . so I had to enlist as new guy.

Thanks for the 149 help fellows

Jim

James R,, I am confused your first post said the drive shaft was turning, but then you said it broke on the engine side/ Do you meen the pin on the engine to drive shaft, if so it should be a solid pin or do you meen drive shaft to hydro unit pin?

Can anyone give a positive I.D. on this filter as to what it might fit??
There are no numbers on it. 5"OD X 3-1/2"ID x 2-3/8" high

It' too big for either my 70 or 73 and too small for the 125.
Thanks!
Dave S

259843.jpg

jeff l baker (Jbaker)

Yeah, when it first broke down the shaft was turning . .

This morning, no shaft turning

I put a cotter pin in there and cut a little bit of grass . . . seems that was the problem

JAMES R. - Actually, the coupler on the engine for the driveshaft on a hydro, like your 149 is supposed to be a hardened dowel pin, solid round piece of steel 1/4" x 1-1/4". Some have a groove gouged in the side so they fit tight in the driveshaft.

DAVID S. - I'd have to measure one of my filters out in the shop but I suspect that filter is for a K181 Kohler. Same OD & ID as the filter for a K161 that was stock in a 70 & 72 but taller. The K181 was the service replacement engine sold by IHC for replacement of K161's in the older CC's.

Frank C - hey that was sure nice you had a spare spindle BUT how come you didn't pull your friend out of the hole? It's gotta be pretty hard to install that spindle while the 129 is in that hole.
biggrin.gif

Harry: I did, just didn't take pics of the Jeep pullng it back far enough to jack up its front end. This 129 gets little maintenance. It's first 2 years it sat out summer and winter. After the second winter I couldn't stand seeing it buried in snow (and having carb problems in the Spring). I asked him if I could park our 149/tiller in his garage. Somehow we ended up making room for both tractors (
happy.gif
) and his 129 has at least been stored under cover since.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank C - I showed that pic of the 129 to my Boy who was running the 109 a bit faster on the ground speed while mowing the other day and told him - "here's what happens when you mow to fast." Should have seen the look on his face - LOL.

I got after him for going a bit speedy and later after the mowing was over, I asked him how the tractor ran, in-spite of the hydro levering going to far forward. He said - FINE!

Latest posts

Back