Archive through June 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprechtel

displayname
Tom Prechtel
Fellas

New to posting. Thought you might enjoy a few pics of my Cubs. Sure enjoy this site.

Tom Prechtel
LaGrange, Ohio

Tom P.
See if ya can make those pics just a tiny bit smaller if ya can.
biggrin.gif

61391.jpg

61392.jpg

61393.jpg

Got the 782D power steering project wrapped up today. Also added a block heater, gear reduction starter, and glow plug light instead of coil.

And if you are wondering, the best way to put power steering on a 782D is to sell it and buy a Super Diesel.

My IH truck left me stranded yesterday...distributor rotor isn't spinning, so it will get torn down tomorrow.

Terrence,

If you do find any info on adding power steering such as diagrams, parts list, etc. I would be interested as well. I will keep looking and if I find anything I'll email.

I never thought one of those rubber seats would be comfortable, but the more I mow with it, the better I like it.
61413.jpg

On the past discussion on leveling a 124 mower deck you need to make sure the tires have the correct air pressure before you start measuring. Made that mistake once. However it does leave an interesting pattern in the yard if you mow in the same direction. Wife was not impressed though.
yikes.gif

Is Cub envy a sin? A friend of mine I introduced to Cub Cadet Superiority has just acquired a 149 as payment for repairing a
bazooka.gif
JD. I have been looking for one locally for several years. Cubs are not easy to find on the West coast. But when you do come across one the chances are you can get it cheep because they are not familiar with them as stated above, giving a Cub to repair a
bazooka.gif
JD, It’s just not right.

'Morning All. Off to visit an elderly friend of ours then I gotta clean the garage and make room for the new arrival next weekend and mow the lawn now that it is dry enough to. Last weekend it was too dry and short. Now it is almost a hay field.

Charlie P. The auction that I went to yesterday resulted in the 154 ... $1100.00. The rear tires were somewhat burnt on one part of them suggesting at one time the tractor had been involved in a grass fire or something similar. Might explain the new paint job. The Hydro 80 Cadet... Caterpillar yellow.... $130.00. Original engine not carburetor though. Smoked a little blue. The IH 100 pickup... $575.00. That would have been a Lots of Labor of Love. All these critters had been tinkered with at some time or another. I was happy to get myself a $40.00 Delta/Rockwell drill press. Plus I met a gentleman with a 106 or 126 (he isn't sure what model) with a creeper that he wants me to look at. Another older gentleman that I met showed me his sheds with some pretty neat Cub items in that he is thinking of parting with.

Brendan B. Swearing, throwing tools, etc. and watching little kids "scatter like waifs in the wilderness"... ummmm.... Cussing is somewhat one thing. Throwing tools is another. Kids tend to learn by observation. I know... firsthand.

Frank M. Sure hope that you get the 782D soon. The $500.00 one sounded almost as good as mine. It always holds true that sometimes someone doesn't realize the "true value" of an item.

Angel just informed me that a good friend of ours just passed away. May everyone have a beautiful day. Later. ...

Marlin:
I agree with Digger....That would make a nice cub hauler...Maybe since it is already altered some you could repower with an International Navistar Powerstroke....Then you could pull all the cubs you could load on a trailer and get some decent fuel mileage.
Does Kraig or anyone else have any cab pictures of a cozy on a X82 series? I need some front shots because there are a couple of small peieces missing, on the one I picked up yesterday from your part of the world, and I believe it was modified to fit the 782 it was on.

I doubt that I will ever get the 782D, but I can assure you the #$%^&^%$# seller will not enjoy his money, or lack of. E-Bay finally responded and now something is rolling there.

$1100 for a decent 154 is a good find. I have the newer brother, 184 and mow my yard with it. Make the neighbors jealous when it only takes me 15 minutes to do my entire yard whle they are slaving behind the 24" pusher from china. 60" on a 110' wide yard goes fast.

Digger:
I was getting educated in the throne room and noticed in the TC-157 parts book that the 129 has a hydraulic lift listed in that section. It also lists two different hydro pumps. Was the hydraulic available on the 129 as an option or as a dealer add like the 169? Also, has anyone ever seen a wide frame or Q/L with the electric lift. I see the pictures of and parts for, but have never seen one.

Traded for a 482U1113 mower deck with some missing parts. Does anybody have a diagram that they will post?

Terrance/Jim- get a servie manual for the SGT (1572/1772/1872/2072) and it has a section in there on how to ADD a power steering to a tractor. I used it quite a bit when doing the 782D.

The 782D-PS will be at the next PD we attend...Minnesota is a killer drive, but we did cancel trip to RPR this weekend in lieu of trip to Disney first week in July.

Hello,

Wow what a Red Power Roundup....had a great time and so much red, yellow and white to look at in one place........fantastic.......Howie

Digger:
Thanks for the pictures.
Did anybody else make a cab that might be made to fit a 782? Mine does not look like the pictures. If I ever learn how to post pictures, I could send some. The front has a window that goes down about half way. Then there is a swing out window piece, which I believe is not original. Doors are a little different. It has a lot of similarity to my other "cozy" cab that I have on one of my 1650's. That was the one I had you post pictures so I could fabricate feet /pedal boxes. In progress..
I guess I will have to make/fabricate whatever I need to get this mounted on one of my 782's. It was for the 782D that is hiding.
Again...thanks for the pictures.

Digger:
I will try and see if these two pictures of the cab work. THe cab was mounted on a 782 according to guy I got it from. Looks like it was adapted from something else.
61443.jpg

61444.jpg

Neat Lookin cabs, but I prefer the ROPS style canopies... jes me.
I have another question: what could one use to make these... some guys use top link bodies, and make the clevis for the bottom, but I want an easier way. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi I need a picture of 82 ser. 181 8Hr. Koler fom carb side I need to see were choke,thro,& gov, hook up I forgot its been two weeks since I blow my eng. and rebuilt it. Of corse I remeber everything but how to reinstall it. Thanks You guys are so helpful pat

Latest posts

Back