• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James, here's how you modify the lift bracket for the dozer blade and/or snow thrower:

87976.jpg

Bob,

The fans are not all that expensive, I got one from my local dealer for about $10, cheap insurance against an overheated hydro. You might be okay if all of the cooling fins on the hydro are clean, but if they are like mine, a little seepage around the trunion gasket combined with the dust and chaff kicked up from mowing tends to turn the hydro pump area into a greasy lump within a season or two. It is a bit of a pain to change out, you will need to slide the engine forward to remove the driveshaft on a Wide Frame like my 129. On a narrow frame like the 125, it is a bit more of a hassle, since you need to work from underneath.

Bob, Bruce is right, they tend to look like this one.
blush.gif

87978.jpg

Kraig,
When I did my 129 a couple of years ago, that's what mine looked like. Took a putty knife and a couple of cans of engine degreaser to clean it up. It's well on its way to looking like a greasy lump again.

Had to pull the motor to fix the grass screen on the engine this afternoon. Grrrr!!

Finished up adding hydraulics to my 129 today. Everything works perfect with no leaks. Thanks to all who helped with questions and supplying parts. If anyone out there is thinking about doing the same and has questions about the process, shoot me an email!

Hello again fellow cubbers! I visited a freind after work today that owns a 109, and his father has a 129. I asked him a while back if he would sell them. I got an abrubt NO. Anyway, he asked if I was interested in some cub wheel weights(YEAH). I already have a set of 26lb weights, this set looks to be maybe a 50lb set. I will post a pic over the weekend when I get them home.

I have been lookin for the last hour for Charlies wheel weight page... no luck. Can somebody show me a link to that page. Thanks

Charlie-

I might have a picture for you, the weights that came with my loader tractor are different from all of those.

Thanks Charlie, I knew that I had seen that page before. What am I missing, I could not locate the page in the FAQ's. Doesn't matter now, The page has been added to my favs. Thanks again.

Matt,

The pump mount on my loader is fabricated from an old mule drive.

87999.jpg

88000.jpg

88001.jpg

88002.jpg

88003.jpg

The QA bolts on the sides of the frame are not used in my set-up.

The rear of the subframe cradles the axle housing from the bottom and clamps over the top hold it on.

I currently have 10.50 tires filled with fluid, 200# of JD weights, 100# of suitcase weights, and 1 set of IH weights on my loader.....or 425-450#

My loader works great, I'm very please with it, however, it will soon be getting some modifications. Later this year, it goes on a stretched frame (lengthened 5" like a Super, but it's a 149....Travis's frame) and gets the following upgrades:

982 front axle
2000# trailer hubs
power steering
5ea. 42# MTD weights
26" rear rubber
7.50 x 16 front rubber
foot drive hydro
red frame similar to Steve H.'s 128

Can't wait to use it after the "improvements", because it's fun to use now!!!!

Good luck with yours and let me know if you need anything else.

Charlie,

88005.jpg

I have no idea what they were originally for, but the came off of the front of a F-Cub that the neighbor used to own...Wyatt has them now....

Steve-

Thanks! Are those two bolts on the side enough to keep tension on the belt? I have to find another mule drive bracket...I have like 20 NF ones and no WF ones...GRRR...
happy.gif

Does yours have manual steering and hydro? How did that work out? What size angle iron and stuff did you use for the subframe? I'm sure I'll think of more stuff tomorrow...
happy.gif

Matt,

My loader is on a stock 149 with 1" CC front spindles and rims (not heavy enough) and manual steering.

88007.jpg

88008.jpg

88009.jpg

I did not make the loader subframe, it is an actual Kwik-Way subframe for an xx8/9 tractor (otherwise I would have put it on an 82 series
happy.gif
) and I have not modified it.....yet (it will be 5" longer at the rear axle very soon).

My pump bracket uses the 2 side bolts for stability. There is a 3/8" draw bolt under the pump (you can see it in a few of the photos) that pulls straight down on the belt and takes most of the belt tension force.

The loader, pump, and forward braces came off of a Seasr GT, while the subframe is OEM, so I have to make the pump bracket and modify the forward braces to fit...otherwise, it's all KW.

I was thinking those looked familiar!

Since they sit in against the hub of the wheel that's painted silver, they'll give my project tractor a bit of the look of the old white cast center wheels with the silver rims.

This has been the look that I've been working towards:
88011.jpg

Can anyone tell me any info about any old international cub low boys? Cant find a whole lot of info on them. I am considering buying one with a plow, chains, mower deck and trailer but dont know too mch about them

Matt G.

All I use to keep my pump in place on my 12hp 72 is 2 1/4" bolts, they hold the tension of the belt with no problem.
88015.jpg

Here is a few shot of the pump bracket and loader support bracket and some paint that i got yesterday.
88020.jpg

lower support
88021.jpg

an mt paint for the Cubs
88022.jpg

Another shot of the pump bracket. i wanted to have something that would protect the pump from harm.If you want more pictures i can post them. later Don T
88027.jpg

Here is a shot of my pump mounting and the skid shield I made for it.
88032.jpg

88033.jpg

Latest posts

Back